What is the BEST Radar & Laser protection? | FerrariChat

What is the BEST Radar & Laser protection?

Discussion in '360/430' started by yavapai, May 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yavapai

yavapai Rookie

Dec 5, 2004
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Brent
    By this I mean what is the best stealth radar & laser package available from a single manufacturer, proven by users' experiences. . . and one that has:

both front and rear detection- radar and lasar
    both front and rear jammers- radar and lasar (may not jam radar?)
    hidden hardware- front, rear and dash
    availability in US
    upgradeable hardware- a bonus if all else works

Assume a serious driver, late model Ferrari, highway & interstate settings. No miracles expected.

Thanks.

2. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Valentine 1 seems to be the favorite on this site. I have a Valentine 1 in my 348 and love it. No jamming though

As for jammers that work...

www.scorpionjammers.com

A true active jammer and now they have the KA version. Don't get caught with one of this in your car though. I have a feeling you'll be looking at more then just a ticket.

3. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    lidatek laser jammers

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have the K40. You can get it with front/rear laser diffuser and front/rear detector. My front diffuser is hidden in the left front intake and the detectors are in both bumpers. There is nothing mounted on the dash. Two l.e.d.'s are installed in the tach gauge. The left l.e.d. illuminates when the front detector goes off, the right l.e.d. for the rear. Both go off simo if you get hit with laser. The entire system is totally hidden. My installer did a great job. You can find out more info at www.k40.com.

5. Chordate

Chordate Rookie

Apr 11, 2005
    You can get up to 4 years in prison...

6. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I love my K40 laser and diffuser! The only negative is that the equipment, with a professional stealth installation (similar to Modenafan's), will cost in excess of $2000. Tim

7. EvilTwinATX

EvilTwinATX Rookie

May 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Brent
  8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Just get the V1 and forget the rest. Beside the fact that it is an EXCELLENT piece, the arrows will win you over for good.

9. Flaca Productions

Dec 5, 2004
    L.A.
    Full Name:
    Brian Young
    I have two V1's - would leave home without one.
    (check out the remote visual display and the remote audio control)
    I also run a Lidatek laser jammer. (LE-30)
    Mine is just on the front, but the rear can be easily added.
    very, very happy.

10. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Got the V-1 a few weeks back and so far I'm very pleased!

11. etomcat

etomcat Karting

Jul 6, 2004
    Hungary
    Full Name:
    Tamas Feher
    >What is the BEST Radar & Laser protection?

Drive slowly!

12. husky

husky Karting

Feb 13, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    a friend of mine told me that there is a radar detector with built-in jammer (ie. two-in-one)

has anybody heard about this?

13. husky

husky Karting

Feb 13, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  14. yavapai

yavapai Rookie

Dec 5, 2004
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Brent
    Do you mean that you actually have them both active at the same time, in the same car?
    I hope so, because I would like to hear about it

15. yavapai

yavapai Rookie

Dec 5, 2004
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Brent

Has the K40 proven itself to you, under the gun. . . where you KNOW it has kept you out of trouble?

16. caseykimma

caseykimma Formula 3

Jun 5, 2004
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Casey
  17. Cielo

Cielo Karting

Feb 3, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
  18. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hi Brent,

The K40 has saved my butt on several occasions. It always identifies the radar in sufficient time. The only negative is that it is sometimes over sensitive. It periodically alerts me to erroneous targets. But, I would rather have too sensitive than the tickets that result from the alternative. Tim

19. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I haven't been hit with laser yet, so I can't speak to that point. I have detected radar up to mile early which has definitely helped out. There are a lot of false alarms, even in the highway mode. I do mostly highway and canyon drives and the radar has picked up alot of CHP radar. The detector also picks up those "your speed" signs that travel around the city. I usually only get about a 1/4 mile notice on that type of radar. I also pick up alot of warnings from driving under over passes. Caltrans has a lot of radar to monitor traffic. My detector goes off frequently in those areas. I went to www.sigalert.com and you can click on a local freeway and find out the average speed by a particular offramp, so they must have radar to have this info? Very little notice on this type of radar, due to radar angle or strength of signal?

20. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    V1 - one of the best birthday presents a girl could ever be lucky enough to get!

21. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    V1 for the radar and lidatek for the laser jammer. Haven't heard anything bad about either, as well. I've had the V1 (upgraded over the years.. another plus) and always protected except for the two times I was shot with laser. Immediately got a lidatek (one transponder centered in the front) and have been fine since.

22. widdlewade

widdlewade Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2004
    Bay Area/NYC
    Can't speak of the jammers (I thought they were highly illegal), but the Valentine by far is the best detector I've owned. They also have a great upgrade program.

23. Flaca Productions

Dec 5, 2004
    L.A.
    Full Name:
    Brian Young
    no need to have them both active in the same car. they are very good about front/rear reception if mounted properly.

i have two cars, so hence: two V1's since i have them both hardwired to keyed power sources.

the lidatek is in the porsche, although I've been toying with the idea of getting one for the suburban since its such a big target with the huge frontal area and exposed headlights

I'm at the point now where i actually HOPE they shoot me with laser vs. radar since i feel like i actually have a chance while the lidatek does its thing....

24. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Two prerequisites:
    When not driving in the F-car
    and
    for long hauls

You can not beat a CB to identifyr backups, troopers (bears), accidents, road work and the like. You just have to listen to a lot of "squaking," hence it's nick-name squak-box. Cobra runs about $100 and has saved me not only tickets but time.
    Sometimes it's even entertaining when your on a long stretch of road and time draws out like a blade.

But it works well!

25. yavapai

yavapai Rookie

Dec 5, 2004
    Arizona, USA
    Full Name:
    Brent
    Forgot about the CB... great idea for the highways.
    Thanx.