[movie] Steamboy | FerrariChat

[movie] Steamboy

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Schatten, May 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #1 Schatten, May 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just returned from seeing this. Wow, just wow. It did have the bang of Akira that you'd expect from being a film by Katsuhiro Otomo. I wasn't sure what to expect. It has been years since I've last seen Akira, and without knowning anything at all about the film I was just amazed. wonderful story and incredible artwork.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348121/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Princess mononoke
    Akira
    spirited away

Awesome movies...... looking forward to this one, but where the heLL you see it......Tulsa, OK is the BFE of the movie industry.......

also looking forward to Howl's Moving Castle

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
  4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Hi Randy,
    Have you seen Millenium Queen? Tetsuo? They are pretty good anime, too.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Have not seen them. I'm not into the anime genre as a whole, but appreciate a good handful of special movies like this one and other recommendations as well. It all came from the fascination with Robotech and prior to that, I grew up with the wave motion gun on Star Blazers.

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Millenium Queen was made by some stuff who did Akira. Story is too complex for kids, and I think it's rated R. It is SF.

Tetsuo is also made by Otomo (so does original comic, too) It may have a different name in English, like Steam Boy. If I remember correctly, Tetsuo is one of the character in Akira, so it is a spin-off.

Star Blazer was my favorite as a kid, too. They made too many of movies, like 5 or 6. Producer was arrested for tax evasion in '90s, and thought it was the end. Now they are bringing back Galaxy Express again.

BTW, I don't know much about anime, too. I get these information from reading some Japanese general magazines. I do enjoy watching movies, and I watch any kind if looks interesting.

7. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    not to go to off topic...........TRANSFORMERS is being made into a movie as well.....Michael Bay (Rock, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon) is the one going to Direct it, and this one is not going to be Animated.......

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    same with star blazers, or so I hear.