Red Bull targets Schumi and Rossi. Is this a joke? | FerrariChat

Red Bull targets Schumi and Rossi. Is this a joke?

Discussion in 'F1' started by F1racer, May 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Hope it doesn't happen!
    The article:
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32816

2. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    MS going to Red Bull ??? For what ? That HAS to be complete and utter BullSh!t. I have read elsewhere that Rossi's current contract ends at 2006 and that he will weigh the option of going to F1 but as team mate to MS...no freaking way...

Kenny K

3. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Rossi is going to embarass himself in F1, as he did in his brief WRC test. These are two very different disciplines...he'll get a ton of press and expectations will be very high...which means failure will be particularly painful.

4. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Rossi will do fine in F1; may not win the Championship his first year out, but with John Surtees being the only person to be World Champ on two AND four wheels, Rossi has a better shot than anybody to be the second person to ever win both.

5. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
  6. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Rossi targeting F1 in 2007
    According to Yamaha team boss

Rossi to make the jump?

Valentino Rossi can do things on two wheels that only his rivals can dream of. With six championships already to his credit, the Italian Moto GP rider has little left to prove in the series.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport Yamaha team boss Davide Brivio stated that Rossi will extend his current contract another season taking him to the end of 2006 and will then try his hand at Formula One. "We have already agreed on a one-year contract and we know that from 2007 he will be in Formula One," Brivio said.

Rossi has long stated that his wish to try something new at some point in his career and admits that at the end of 2006 he will look at what offers he has and then make a decision. Previously Rossi tested with Ferrari at Fiorano but according the Rossi, Ferrari is not the only team that could be interested in his services.

7. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    I think Schumacher will make a great back up driver for Rossi!

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Sold. Believe it all you want. Why would any team waste their time.

9. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

Just a couple weeks ago Todt was quoted as saying that he wasn't sure MS was ready to retire at the the end of 2006.

Alonso is signed through 2006 only, with the common feeling being he is keeping his options open to go to Ferrari in 2007, probably with at least one F1 championship under his belt, if not two.

No way MS would ever be a second driver to Alonso, and no way Alonso would go to Ferrari to be Schumacher second either.

Therefore IF Schumacher wants another challenge, AND Ferrari wants Alonso, the only conclusion would be Schumacher would drive for another team.

So what team would he drive for then? Why not the team which uses their customer Ferrari engines. It would be leaving the Ferrari racing team, but not really leaving Ferrari at the same time. I doubt Red Bull will be a competing car company like M-B or BMW, so Schumacher could still participate in many Ferrari-related promotional events.

Rossi has tested the F1 cars with good results so far. His talent is undeniable. Bernie would love to have him in F1. If Rossi wants to be, I have no doubt he will be behind the wheel of one in 2007. He is still very young (26 I think). But Ferrari is the Holy Grail of racing, and even a star of Rossi's brightness couldn't really step into the pressure of that team as a rookie. So put him in another team, such as Red Bull.

MS would be the undisputed leader of the team for 2007-08, with Rossi learning the ropes from the master. Those two years would allow Rossi to develop his technical skills, and be the team leader after Schumacher's retirement.

I doubt it will happen but wouldn't it be cool if it did!

If Rossi's Yamaha goes from cigarette advertising to Red Bull in 2006, we may have something...

10. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Rossi seems more and more likely to go to F1. At first he was saying, "I don't think F1 is for me. The tests are fun, but I like motorcycles better." Now he's saying, "Yeah, I used to do karts and I still love things on four wheels, so it's likely that I'll do something on four wheels." I have no doubt that he can be competitive in the right car. Will he be as dominant as he has been on two wheels? Chances for it aren't very good. F1 cars are a much more exact science than anything on two wheels. There is definitely a relationship between doing well on two-wheels and four. Look at Olivier Jacque. He goes from being in the back of the MotoGP pack, to cars, to the front of the MotoGP pack on a sub-par bike that is unfamiliiar to him IN THE RAIN! That's the Rossi side of the equation.

Dieter is a very intelligent guy. He is also very rich. I don't know about MS going to RBR. However, MS wants to be in the fastest car on the grid (I suppose all the drivers do for that matter). I can definitely see RBR at the top so this could be a possibility. That's the Rossi side of the equation.

Rossi fits the Red Bull ethic and would be good for Red Bull commercially. It remains to be seen if it will happen, but it will be very interesting for sure.

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    there could be some elements of truth in this. rossi wants to go to f1. mate****z wants rossi. mate****z wants schumi. schumi will eventually retire.

but the message may currently be mis-assembled from these truths.

my guess wud be that schumi will leave ferrari at the end of 06. after ensuring that alonso goes there.
    then he will buy into the red bull team and ensure that they are essentially scuderia 2.
    then he will drive for them 1-2 seasons to ensure that they have some performance.
    then he will hire some other drivers.

or he cud simply buy the ferrari team, with the help of some other backers and do the whole thing for scuderia 1.

but just to go and be a paid driver at redbull? not a chance

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I can see Rossi going to Red Bull but not Michael. I have to agree with Jagbuff's comments even if I would like to see him succeed.

13. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael will retire with Ferrari.

Rossi still needs to prove himself on four wheels.

This is typical of a season where the racing does not matter. There is no real racing be carried out on th track, so the best thing to do is:
    1) Random court and legal battles
    2) Rumors and ridiculous speculation
    3) Increased BS

14. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I don't think Michael will drive for anyone other than Ferrari for the rest of his career. I do think Michael will retire at the end of 06. Rossi in a Red Bull doesn't sound too crazy. From what I have read Mateschitz may be interested in buying the Ferrari team, rather than trying to get Ferrari drivers to join his team. Will we see Scuderia Ferrari Red Bull in the future? I guess anything's possible when you're a billionaire!
    I think you are wrong to say that the racing doesn't matter this season. It's been a while since I was so excited by F1. I also think you are wrong about there being increased BS. I don't think there is any more than previous seasons.

After winning the French GP yesterday Rossi made it clear that he has no intention of moving to F1. He said:
    So, there you have it from the man himself. Maybe you were right about the increased BS after all! ;)