Outdoor Shooting Range in Duarte | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Outdoor Shooting Range in Duarte

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PatrickShim, May 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Patrick,

Oaktree has no rifes range just pistol and shotgun but it is very nice. My current favorite. It is maybe 1hr north of santa monica? or so.... It is a nice place to hang out. There is another nice place at the Hanson Dam area 210 fwy and Osborn. It has rife pistol and sporting clays range. I have not been there in several years. I think it is still there. Do a search for Moore and moore sporting clays. It was the best clays range in the So. Cal area.

2. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim

Yeah, the Oaktree Range looks beautiful. Perhaps we can do a pistol shooting there!

3. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Which day are you going, I haven't been in a while and love to go. I started out shooting when I was 14. Took my safe hunters course at 15 back east. Let me know the time and day or maybe you already went?

4. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Hi Brigitte,

We didn't go yet. Still trying to see how many people are interested, and which range to go to. The Oak Tree Range looks really really nice, but it doesn't have rifle ranges. But the Duarte Range has a rifle range, but a bit far from people coming from the L.A. (about 30 mins East).

Patrick

5. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    I have hand guns and rifles but prefer rifle shooting everytime.
    Sure me and my fiance can bring plenty of toys I hope we don't miss this one. I have work in San Francisco Monday but should be back by Thursday and the weekend of the 28th I'll be in Utah. The next three weekends have a lot on them but some things are in the a.m and some are night so I'll just try to get it into the calender. Usually we shoot when we're in Utah, we both do PI work actually I only do a little on the side but would like to get my concealed weapons permit just the same.

Sounds like fun stuff, hope I'm around to enjoy this with you guys.

Brigitte

6. KRIS P.

KRIS P. Karting

Feb 15, 2005
    The OC
    ???? isn't the Colt HBAR Match Target banned. Did you mean no Full Auto or Class III? I have shot my AR's and HK's there before.

7. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    It's a semi-auto with 20" HBAR. Of course the full-autos are banned, and the versions with shorter than 16" are banned (such as M4's). My Match Target HBAR is a post-pan version, which has no bayonet holder, but everything else are the same. Another recent regulatory changes is, the size of the magazines. The rifle came with 7-round magazines, but I bought a couple of 30-round magazines over the Internet. I still use the 30-round magazines at the ranges, and no one really says anything about it (including off-duty cops who comes over to shoot).

8. OneBadNA1NSX

OneBadNA1NSX Karting

May 9, 2005
    Arcadia,CA
    Full Name:
    Eric L.
    Patrick, are there rentals for pistols/rifles? I might want to bring my little brother too, he's 15 1/2 though,don't know if he can be shooting guns.

9. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Eric, I don't think the Duarte Range has gun rentals...

By the way, your birthday is REALLY close to my birthday (Nov. 29, '80). I think you are about a week older. ;)