Scoop - Super Enzo !!! | FerrariChat

Scoop - Super Enzo !!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by paulo, May 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulo

paulo Karting

Apr 10, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    #1 paulo, May 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott

It's just an existing factory-owned Enzo they modified, they won't be making any for sale.

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

REEEEPOST!

4. paulo

paulo Karting

Apr 10, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    No way!

Those are very new pics from 5 days ago and the last Enzo left the factory a long time ago. Look carefully to all that modifications. This represents a lot of development!

I suspect they are working on a new powerful Enzo for track use only, maybe 20-30 cars for very special owners.

Believe me, something is going on!

5. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Ferrari would be stupid NOT to build an even more limited edition Enzo BECAUSE:

1) They deeply underestimated demand as proven by resale prices hovering around TWICE the MSRP.

2) What better way to spoil demand for the upcoming Bugatti, the new Zonda, whatever that Chrysler thing is, and the next big Lambo.

3) They could use the extra, easy cash.

4) The 575 replacement seems to be at least a year away and this super-Enzo would keep a Ferrari in the automotive spotlight every year. This car, combined with what seems to be high demand for the 575 GTC Handling pack, would also buy even more time for the 575 replacement.

Even though Autoweek's Ferrari insider says no, I still predict they will build 75-100 cars with even more F1 technology crammed in for an MSRP of $750,000. $75 million should cover a few foreign exchange problems and cushion the Formula One budget.

Besides, when has a Ferrari insider ever said "yes, we're going to build one," to an American journalist at that.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. Ferrari could simply be testing this Enzo as part of the 600 Imola's development or as part of the Enzo trouble-shooting process.

Ferrari could also simply turn up their noses and say "that's enough for now."

BUT........ it would be so little investment for so much reward.

Under LDM's leadership, Ferrari have been anything but stupid.

Forza,

Cavallini

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott

Nope, it's a factory owned car that's been around. No new Enzo's coming.

7. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    it would still be cool...

8. crackajack

crackajack Rookie

May 15, 2005
    if ferrari made more enzos they would get sued off their @$$.....when buying the car the owners were assured that there would be 399....the 400th one wasnt a biggy but even MORE enzos? the owners would either sue or just stop buying....

9. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

What a shame but I wasn't aware of the legal agreements with Enzo purchasers.

I suppose we'll have to wait a few years.

Forza,

Cavallini

10. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    ferrari orignally planned to make only a few F40s (more or less the same as the F50 and Enzo), but they ended up making about 1,500. they didnt get sued. people were just dissapointed.

11. paulo

paulo Karting

Apr 10, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    #11 paulo, May 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Now if only they'd stop makign them so goddamned butt ugly.

--Dan

13. Manuma

Manuma Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Manu
    THEY ARE MAKING A SUPER ENZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Padua where there is Michelotto and he is studing and building it, i see it every time I bring my cars there to make a control.

In 2 or 3 months it will be presented to the news. The dealer told me that they will build 25 cars but a person told me 49 cars.

It will be only for tracks because it has no plates

Only 1 seat and the second will be optional

850 hp, started from the Enzo engine but it will be very different, new gearbox and new breaks.

Around 1.5 million Euro

14. paulo

paulo Karting

Apr 10, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I suspected something like that when I saw the autoweek pics for the 1st time

15. Mirror70

Mirror70 Rookie

Apr 30, 2005
    MA
    I think those Autoweek pics are simply retouched versions of the vacation pics that were posted here a while ago (from the Thread of the Month). It's pretty typical for them to do something like this.

Among other things, the blurring of the spokes is in the wrong place. They're blurred at the front while they should be blurred at the top.

16. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Ok for 1.5 million give me M.S.'s Formula1 and I'll take that to the track and piddle around for a day.

Why not?

17. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Stop buying? Yeah, like thats going to happen! :)

18. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Heard something along these lines too, 22 cars, 950hp (not 850, out of a 6L V12, that's a lot), still normally aspirated (no blower), not road legal (emissions I suppose): "track day car" ...

19. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    950hp out of an N/A engine would be insane.

20. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    And aliens are landing on the earth in a few months!
    And the second gunman on the grassy knoll was Ted Kennedy!
    Come on, people. All you who have "heard something," does it happen to be stuff you've heard people speculating on internet chat boards??? Thought so...

21. paddy

paddy Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paddy
    Very strange that you say this. I have been researching the project, and according to Michelotto, they are not involved at all with the project. They only know of the car through seeing it in various Italian car magazines.