"Runaway Bride"...who f'in cares! | FerrariChat

"Runaway Bride"...who f'in cares!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Steve R, May 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Is it just me....or has this worthless small-town story gone way too damn far? I can't believe it made national news to begin with and then became a followed story on national television news networks on practically every station....even to this day. Just about every night I have to see her homely picture on the news and more small town folk offering their comments. I may be able to understand one of them if they'd spit-out their chewing tobbaco.

I suppose this is actually a good sign, if you believe no news is good news. It's just a sad day when our nation sits down for the news and has to follow such stupid gossip.

Discuss...NOT!

2. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I really don't give a dog-squeeze.

Here you have a situation of a man who failed to identify this woman's mental condition and flee as fast as he could, rather he got cought up in the emotional dramatics in which he got what he deserved. Case closed.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Whats up with her crazy eyes? Was she on drugs or just your garden variety psycho ? LOL

4. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    They have hired Ashlee Simpson's management team! :D:D:D:

6. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    This chick and her fiance are going to get a very nice payday out of this.

Movie of the week on NBC starring Tory Spelling as the psycho chick! Book deal to follow: "Why I ran away!"

I bet she has an agent already.

Terry

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I couldn't give a rat's a$$ personally! I mean how often does this happen? Probably more than you know, but since the media got involved in this case it turned into a whole friggin fiasco!!

8. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I first saw it on CNN. What suprised me was that my local channels news broadcasts on ABC and CBS two reporters commented that after the search was called off somewhat quickly, that the individual reporters felt that "was very surprising." One reporter on the 5pm NBC broadcast said after the story aired "maybe there is more to this than we don't know," in reference to the called off search. Well unknown to the press at the time was this woman's history of such an act: two previous run aways? That tid bit left out gave the press fuel to think of such a woeful and sad case of a woman lost or possibly done harm to when in actuality she is just a head case.

I think this is a good comparison of why it was overhyped... Kind of like the bound to happen type feelings one might have after hearing of nice small town boy who is the QB star and straight A student who got into a serious drunk driving accident. But not knowing he had two previous DUI's in the very same year just a county down.

RocketBoy

9. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Slow news day I guess.

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

it's already time for 24/7 news reform! it's seldom ever news...that needs reform.

this ***** makes me fuggin crazy!!!!!

are we such a society of empty suits that this stuff sells?

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Yes we are.

Broadcast news departments used to operate at a loss and existed only as a public service. Since it was discovered that it can be an entertainment oriented profit center it has come to dominate the airwaves and the Dan Rathers of the world were born.

12. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It would be a worthy story to me if they made the ***** pay for all the wasted tax dollars that went into tracking her stupid ass down.

13. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    So true.

14. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    And ya know what...just after posting this I went up to bed...discovered it was too late to have sex with the wife (a small price to pay to hang out online with you saps....I'm so fuggin' weak!!)....and I turned on the tv, only to see that Jimmy Kimmel was nailing the subject as well and had her picture posted on the screen.

Will this pathetic story please just go away.....

15. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nevar!!! It reminds me too much of Anne Heche having an Ecstacy-induced weekend in the 661.

"No really, I see little green men. I'm not a lesbian, it was just a dream, save my career."

C.