Some Ferrari Questions (F348) | FerrariChat

Some Ferrari Questions (F348)

Discussion in '348/355' started by IVXX, May 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IVXX

IVXX Rookie

May 16, 2005
    I'm looking at a 1993 Ferrari F348 with 12,600 miles on it. I'm looking to do something, how should I say... diffrent. I had a few questions I was hoping could be answered by you fine knowledgable people.

1. Where can I sell a flawless running 1993 Ferrari F348 engine and transmission with 12,600 miles on it?

2. Roughly how much money can I get for aforementioned engine?

3. What are the widest 19" rims I can fit on the rear wheels?

4. What offest would I need then?

5. There was a car on ebay recently that was a 91' Challenge with F355 doors installed. Is that a "un-bolt n' swap" project or is there custom fabrication needed?

6. I will need a adjustable coilover suspension and for some reason I am having trouble finding one on yahoo. Could someone help me out?

Thanks for all your help!

Edit: Added #6

2. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    1. Ferrariads.com, contact a few service centers, repair shops, etc. I can list it up on my website for my 348 customers to see but I'd charge a 6% fee to sell it.

2. It really depends on who is in the market you may have to let it go for cheap if nobody is looking and you have to sell it to a shop.

3. Is your car stockbodied?

4. I'll have to look into it.

5. Can't answer this one yet, I'm going to look further into it and see what all needs to be done.

6. Someone has to make one. I will contact my brands I deal with tommorow and see who makes one, if not I will look into getting one custom made.

Do me a favor and contact me at [email protected] so we can keep in touch via email. I try to check the forums as much as I can but sometimes I get busy with customers and would love to take care of all your questions and whatnot I just need you to shoot me an email.

Forza,
    Kevin

3. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Don't you dare take apart that 1993 348 Speciale tb that is on Ebay...

That's a sacrilege. Do something "different" with a different car!

4. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Ditto on the above. What the hell is the matter with you. Leave the car alone, Ferrari only made 100 SS cars in '92-'93.

5. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    Exactly! There are plenty of beater 348s around you can destroy. Leave the rare ones alone please!

6. IVXX

IVXX Rookie

May 16, 2005
    Whoa whoa whoa who said ANYTHING about a ferrari on ebay? I don't know what are you talking about this is from a private seller and has nothing to do with ebay nor is the car a "SS" whatever that may be.

Moving on, thanks for you help NAPerformance i'll email you in the next few days I am currently in the process of switching computers in addition to the problems I am having with the one I am on right now. I'll try and email you hopefully tommorw so we can keep in contact thru email. %6 is fine but when you say "cheap" how cheap is cheap?

7. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

I apologize. But since there is no such thing as a 1993 348 unless it is a Speciale, I figured the car you were talking about was the one on Ebay, which coincidentally has 12,530 miles.

Where are you located? Maybe you'd like to fill out your profile so we can all better help you.

8. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Maybe he just wants to buy a 348 and change it into a 355 - at least he should tell us what he wants to do with it, then we could help

9. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    '93 could be a Euro GTB/GTS or an early spider

10. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    ivxx, if your parting that car out i ll give you 3 k CASH for the motor and trans. CASH CASH CASH......

11. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

No such thing as 1993 348 Spider.

'93 could be a Euro ts, tb, GTS or GTB. However, the number of such non-US-spec cars in this country is ever so small.

12. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Build date on my spider is May '93, registered as a '94. Saw a March '93 in WA state last month.

13. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Spiders did come out in late 1993 after August for the european market.

14. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Ditto... mine's a November 93 Spider.