The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread | Page 14 | FerrariChat

The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread

Discussion in '612/599' started by geertf60, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
  2. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    It's still far from the final product. There's no way it will share that much with the 612. I predict it will be much closer to the 250 GTO.
    Since Frank Stephenson has moved on to Fiat as a whole, any idea who's chief of Ferrari design now and who will presumably be responsible for this, other than Pinifarina obviously?

Forza,

Cavallini

3. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
  4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I didn't know Stephenson had moved on, but even if he did, this one would still bare his signature. I suppose the final exterior design came around some time ago.

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #330 Mark(study), May 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Its does look like its going after the Aston Martin market.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    It looks like a bigger Corvette C6. Will this be a two-seater?

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Interesting that the Z06-esque rear rotor cooling intake is only on the passenger side. They must be employing an inlet under the car on the driver side. I hope the driver side version wins.

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I think I'll wait to see the real thing before I decide, but so far my 575 is staying right where it is.

9. lateralus838

lateralus838 Rookie

Oct 30, 2004
    Cupertino, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan W.
    I see Dodge Viper lines when looking at the car from the side.

10. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    as it should. how are you feeling? get over that cold? I hope to see her out in this nice weather soon.

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    #336 Etcetera, May 17, 2005
  12. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    the 600 imola will be a 2 seater, becasue it's a replacement for the 2-seat 575. i am not a fan of the styling of the 612, with the front nose and headlights. hopefully they'll change it some. when's it being unveiled?

13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    I think that's the diff cooler inlet. Development hack has cobbled layout, so final look will be different. Still lots of info from pic...low rear window, high windshield, long wheelbase with wheels at corners. Entire trunk/ rear end is camo. CF brakes. LOW hoodline.

14. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    Should we not all wait for the final product to arrive? What's the use for arguing on a still camouflaged prototype?

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    It amuses us. :D

16. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    i would think that it would be a little too far in development to be a test mule. if it's just a mule, why disguise it?

17. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I know...

Every time a thread like this comes up I mention how they are saying "ugh" about a car that is specifically designed not to look like the finished product. And every time my post is ignored.

This time I thought I'd make my point less subtly. And still it was ignored. hmm

18. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #343 Mark(study), May 17, 2005
    zjpj - QUOTE "C A M O U F L A G E"

BluCamSS - QUOTE "To bad most of these guys don't seem to have the common sense to relize that....it's a TEST MULE"

Erdero makes two good points.

But, if you call black tape over the body (so you can't get a good photo) CAMOUFLAGE? I agree.
    On the other hand, if you think this is full Camouflage.... its not working :)

I think the guys are reacting to the fact that we can see the basic shape through the trees :)
    and its not going to be an exotic like the 512TR/Lambo or a classic like the 550/575. Its going to be a Big GT Vette/Aston Martin cross from the size of these photos.

You don't hear much on F-chat about wishing for a bigger heavier car from Ferrari for their next flagship V12. But some big-shot at Ferrari is looking at all those Bentley sales and trying to get some of that action... I guess.? :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I hope the CHP doesnt make me cover up the grill with a lic plate.

20. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #345 Mark(study), May 17, 2005
  21. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    It is actually all aluminum like the 360/430/612. Maranello is still steel. Car will be lighter, more bhp. It is camo as Zach, I , Blu, and others have said.
    Look at old spy pics over last 10-15 years. Look little like final product for major revamps. Facelifts look similar, not ground up new cars.
    Ferrari doesn't compete with Bentley. I may have one in addition, but the Imola is up against the Vanquish, Murc, and SLR/CGT.
    Look at old 355 vs 360 threads, and specs. 355 is great car, but 360 trumps it, Riverflyer can attest.
    I want one, sight unseen. Only if it is fetidly ugly or not as fun to drive as the Maranello or SA will I punch out. 612 is not as pretty as 456, and press has hammered F SpA over that fact. So, I think the new car may well be a great looking car. I hope.

22. Cherm

Cherm Karting
    BANNED

Jan 25, 2004
    Troll Land
    Full Name:
    Troll
    Oh good Lord...

Wish I was old enough to afford one when you didnt have to wait every 5-7 years for a Ferrari worth buying. This think makes the horrible 612 look like an Enzo.

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Are you whistling pass the graveyard?

Do you actually think that Ferrari listens to its customers? I don't know why they should. BMW doesn't. :)

Dr "A Shark is a Shark, not a Baby Whale" Who

24. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    One of the things we consistently see with test mules is that, even up until the last minute, they have different headlights than the real cars. This leads me to believe (hope) that the 575 replacement is not going to have 612 headlights with the 612 hood. Crazier things have happened, but I just can't see a company, even one as deaf to customers as Ferrari, making this car a 612 without a back seat and some small side air intakes. My guess (hope) is that it will have a different front end.

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    The 456 and Maranello were quiet different looking from each other.I am sure that the replacement 575 will be very different too.