EXOTO Sale | FerrariChat

EXOTO Sale

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by rr1973, May 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    #1 rr1973, May 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Ramon.

Thanks for the heads-up. How do you participate in the sale without a link or phone #?

KevFla

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    We need to know! Please give us more info ;)

4. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  5. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Be advised that the special paint known as "standbox" gives off very strange hues given different pitches of light. Standard lighting makes the Prost model I have look pink. Before you purchase, I would suggest checking one out in person.

RocketBoy

6. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Looks like all standox units are for sale.

T.

7. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Yeah, I posted the link up on my other message board - CorvetteForum - but unfortunately the two Grand Sport coupes they have on sale are in pretty horendous colors. The "Monte Carlo Magic" color on the one GS doesn't look too bad, but I think the Standox colors might be a bit too "out there" for the casual collector. Fortunately for the Ferraris, the Monza Red Standox paint is at least in keeping with traditional paint schemes.

And to think....I almost did a "Buy It Now" on the Standox 641/2 on eBay for "regular price" not 3 days ago! Good things *do* come to those who wait.

8. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    If you guys would be so kind as to notify FChat regulars about any Exoto sale or coupons going?

The $98 sale ran out recently but not before I grabbed a Standox blue GT40!

Only on sales can I afford stuff of this calibre.

But you guys are certainly right... Exoto are blowing out their cars in the wacky colours.

T.

9. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    I got royally screwed by Exoto in an eBay auction.
    I had won an auction for Andretti's beautiful 312, the one that won the Monaco GP back when.

Well apparently Exoto was unsatisfied with the deal I got. I needed them to answer my questions on shipping before I could pay. They just plain ignored me, and my repeated pleas, then had the b@lls to file an unpaid item complaint against me. Now I have an unpaid strike on my account, they got to keep the model (which they probably sold for more later), and I got diddly squat.

I ain't buying from Exoto. They're a bunch of crooks and they don't deserve my money.

10. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That sounds like you got a really raw deal... Sorry to hear about it, and I hope you find a suitable replacement at a better price in the future.

One thing I noticed - you mentioned Andretti's 312B that won Monaco (the #6 car with a blue stripe). That car didn't win Monaco - in fact, Mario didn't make the race - he crashed in qualifying. Andretti's first win in Formula 1 was in a #6 312B, but it was at the Grand Prix of South Africa, and the car didn't have the blue stripe.

Not sure if it matters to you or not, but I just thought I'd put that out there. Some people only add "historically significant" models to their collections (Andretti's first F1 win would be one, I imagine!), so I'd hate for you to be misinformed and mistakenly purchase such an expensive model.

Cheers.