Tutto | FerrariChat

Tutto

Discussion in 'New England' started by SPHFerrari, May 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    I dont think there has been a thread for this yet. Im just wondering who is going on the rally on saturday, and who just on sunday (or maybe even not at all :eek: ).

2. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    ill be there both days....camera and video camera in hand :)

3. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Sounds like it might rain a little Sunday :(

4. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K

A little !?!?!? I've seen on tv where they're talking about a big low developing with NE gales, driving rain and not moving much til Monday is very possible. Pray it doesn't pan out.

Gortex is the word for Sunday.

K.

5. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    you cant trust the weather even the night before. you never know whats gonna happen, the last 2 north shore meets are proof. ive heard sunny, rain sunday, and now that. just pray and wait and see.

6. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Yeah. Last year they said it would poor at Tutto Italiano, but I came home with a bad sunburn

7. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Rain is always a threat to Tutto. It will be a great show should nature co-operate.

8. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Alex, What's the best wax for showing in the rain :)

9. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

Not Alex but.. RainX as wax ;)

10. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Mark,

What is the plan if it rains? I guess we will have to wait and watch the weather. It never fails, after countless hours preparing four cars for this show, it all might be for naught.

Alex

11. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    Perfect...Alex at Xtreme clean goes out of his way for 4 hours cleaning my car and now its gonna rain....would it be asking too much to ask the Mass highway dept to tarp off route 3 to 128 to rte 9 so my car wil be clean when I get there...just a thought

12. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Jim, I dont think thats too much to ask at all!

Alex

13. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    please dont let a little rain scare everyone off!!

14. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Im not scared, I just would prefer to not ruin a 6 hour detailing by driving the car in a rainstorm.

15. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    As I type this, my car is getting detailed within an inch of its life and I admit I am not feeling too good about this weather forecast. As it is my first Tutto event, I am double bummed!

Like Spenser said before, our last two North Shore Meets were met with strange weather that was NOT forecasted. I think we should be ready for anything! It's very possible that nothing will happen but a little sprinkle and some dark clouds (OK, OK... I am trying to be optimistic!)

If it turns into a big Nor'Easter as some are saying, I will probably show up to the event but not with the 328.

How many of you will NOT bring the cars if the weather turns bad? Will most of you show up at all?

Just curious....

16. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    It occurred to me after I hit the submit button on my last post, but....

If the history of Tutto Italiano has been met consistantly with bad weather, is it possible to hold the event later? Like September or sometime when the weather is not too hot and is more stable?

I'm guessing of course, but perhaps Larz Andersen is booked up or there may be some other logistical issues, but I hear a number of folks opted to make other plans for this weekend because they had bad weather experiences with Tutto in prior years...

Any thoughts on this?

17. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    ????? Detail the car ???? Oh darn, you mean my car should be clean? Like, as in, not caked with all the brake dust like it was at the last few shows that a few guys here ragged on me about?

How about all the rock chips, do i need to fill them in as i think i got 10+ more of them this past week of driving.

Well.. i DO clean off the dead bugs on the windshield, hood, and bumper... mostly.

The footwell carpets have some dirt and stains. i do have some brand new footwell carpets that i never used, but am saving those until the ones in it now are really trashed.

And yes, all the above IS serious. Don't get me wrong, i keep the car clean, but i drive the living sh%t out of the car, too on back roads, my driveway is about 1/2 mile long dirt/rock... i simply refuse to fully and anally clean the car for shows anymore as only a few days later it will be 'dirty' again. The anal clean happens twice a year and that's it.

Oh, and what about the few really small rock chips on the windshield? i guesss they could be buffed out, but they do not distract me much.

18. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I do plan on attending rain or shine. If the weather is really poor, the TR will stay in the garage. This seems to be unpopular with the die hards on the board, but I put so much work into the car, I do not want it all to be for nothing.

Alex

19. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Be a man people! Sheeesh, some rain and wind and you all go scurrying away.

So what if the weather might be really crappy. Welcome to New England. You want great weather all the time then more to L.A. or ???

The 308 here was caught in TORRENTIAL rain showers for hours at an NHIS race event last year and the car was fine and the windshield wipers did their job. The newer Fcars are said to be even better in wet weather.

Look on the bright side, perhaps the rain will clean the brake dust off the rims i am sure you have from spirited driving :)

20. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon

THANK YOU!

21. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ok, my apologies for being such a beyotch... i mean... it is just a car to me. They made thousands of them. We each have our desires in life and guess i take the car less seriously in a visual/aesthetic cleanliness sense than other.

No matter what, please attend so we can all meet up and have fun together. Again, my apologies.

22. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    you wash your car right?? so whats rain!!! The Enzo owner drives his car rain or shine!!

23. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Unless it's a typhoon, and it rains sideways, I'm going!

Mark

24. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Thanks Steven - but no apologies necessary.

I'm planning to attend rain or shine, but not sure if the 328 is driving me or not. Don't want any more targa leakage to damage my interior leather and carpets.

Either way, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that the forecasters are wrong (they usually are, right?)

Hope you meet you in person!

25. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    My bottom line is this:

Driving the TR in bad weather is absolutly no fun for me. Why do something that is not fun? Its like taking a supermodel on a date to the landfill. The environment is an integral part of the experience. I know I only have a Testarossa. Two years ago, a guy at Tutto had his 1967 275 GTB/4 on the grass, in the pouring rain. I remember thinking "That guy is awesome for bringing his car out in this weather." Now, when I need to make the same call, I cant bring out the car. I simply worked too hard to have the rain ruin it.

I will be at the show, and I will commend everyone who takes their car out in the rain. But, I will not fault anyone who decides to keep their car at home.

Alex