Azenis | FerrariChat

Azenis

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by k wright, May 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Looking for 355 tires. Just got a set of Azenis 215 for another car and the grip is stunning. They are bringing out a new tire that is reported to have more grip that the 215.

http://www.falkentire.com/615micro.htm

Anyone use Azenis on a 355 yet? Not the same size as stock on the back but likely close enough (275/35/18).

ken

2. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    The Falken 215's won't be available much longer and come only in small sizes anyways. The 615's are better overall, and come in more sizes, but still not the right size for us. I wouldn't feel comfortable with Falkens on the Ferrari anyways.

On the magnesium wheels, i'm using the Pirelli's in stock sizes. On the custom aluminum wheels which are 1/2" wider than stock in the rear, I'm using BFGoodrich T/A KD's also in the stock 225/40 and 265/40 sizes. They are much stickier and responsive than the Pirelli's, but wear down faster and are louder on the road.

3. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Why?

I used the 215 azenis on my track mule for years and loved them; the new 615 compound is said to stay more consistent and isn't quite as load at freeway speed. However, the new hankook ventus R2 is said to be even better than the azenis 615 (and cheaper).

4. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    On the bottom of the link I posted are listed the correct size for the 355 front tire and 275/35/18 for the rear. I think this is close enough.

After using the 215 on the street I want them on all of my cars, especially the 355.

ken

5. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    i have been running falkens for 8 years now on ferraris - no regrets or problems - excelent tires..............

6. mad

mad Rookie

Apr 4, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike