Official Porsche Cayman Pictures | FerrariChat

Official Porsche Cayman Pictures

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by tfazio, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    can be found here:

http://www.just-auto.com/news_detail.asp?art=48168

I think it looks good and it is probably a blast to drive. I don't think they should have offered a tiptronic transmission since the cayman is supposed to be a pure sports car.

2. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Could you get the pics and post them here? That site says you have to be a member to view the article.

3. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The porsche website has them up as well. Other than the foglights it's a much better looking car than the 911.

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    given that the new boxster s is one of the most fun cars to drive with great handling, quick, and nice engine sound...the new cayman sould be all that and even more, being a lighter coupe with more horsepower ....sould be more fun to drive than the 997 .....

5. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    At first the car was ugly in my mind, but with full pictures it looks great I think/

6. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
  7. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
  8. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Great looking car !!

9. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Awesome looking. Now if only we can get a GT3 engine crammed in there and a trademark "Crazy Porsche Wing"

10. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    cant wait to see a factory light weight version and a RUF version...

11. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    The fog lights are UGLY. Will need to budget for an aftermarket front lip.

12. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I think it looks great! Can't wait for a lightweight version and a RUF version. Should be exciting.

13. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    copy cat! just joking duder. great minds think alike...

14. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Whoa I didnt even notice that. What are the chances of that happening. I copied you almost word for word. LOL

15. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Do you know what US sticker prices will be? If priced right, that dawg could sell! But, given that an S type Boxster is what, close to 60k US, and this is higher on the food chain, it's not going to pick up the Nissan/WRX crowd is it? More like an alternative to another Porsche model (cannibalism?) or what- AMG pint-sized MB coupe? What else?

16. brunner

brunner Karting

May 3, 2004
    Romania
    Full Name:
    C. Salagean
  17. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I really like it but hate the fog lights. I think there was a hyundai or something with those fogs a while back.

18. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    #19 Sarc, May 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a pshop job I did this morning at work;Changed the intake scoop, added a ducktail, lowered it a bit, and modified the rims.

Can't wait to see one in person.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    wow, that things nice. the foglights should be taken off, but..... hmm makes me think that it might be better than a 911. i want one.

20. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    must be an echo in here!!!

21. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    this puts it at 7k above a base boxster, which lists for 53k.....usually the coupe is less than the conv.!!! but i quess this will have 15 extra hp...

22. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    #23 PapaiK, May 24, 2005
  23. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #24 Fan512bbi, May 25, 2005
    (from Porsche Press Release)

Porsche today revealed the first official images of its anxiously awaited new sports car -- the 2006 Porsche Cayman S. Based on the Boxster® series, the two-seat coupe incorporates dramatic new styling, a powerful 295 hp (SAE) engine, and features and options made popular by Porsche's current range of sports cars. It is positioned and priced between the Porsche 911® Carrera® and Porsche Boxster S.

While easily recognizable as a member of the Porsche sports car family, the Cayman S has its own distinctive look. Among its unique styling features are its dynamic new coupe silhouette, aerodynamic upper windshield sill, curvaceous rear fenders, fog lamps integrated into the front air intakes, exclusively designed side air intakes, automatically extending rear spoiler, and newly styled dual sport tailpipes. Beneath the new model's distinguishing hatchback is a rear storage area twice the size (9.2 cu. ft.) of that found in the Boxster.

The Cayman S's muscular 3.4-liter, flat-six cylinder engine propels the car from 0 to 60 mph in a quick 5.1 seconds and to a top track speed of an impressive 171 mph. The engine is equipped with the same VarioCam® Plus variable valve timing system as found on the 2005 911 Carrera. It allows the engine to produce its maximum torque of 255 ft. lbs. between 4,200 and 6,000 rpm.

This engine power is transmitted through the Boxster S's standard six-speed manual transmission that has been enhanced for the Cayman S with shortened and more precise shift travel. Offered as an option, the five-speed Tiptronic® S automatic transmission system has been tuned specifically for the new model, incorporating unique electronic and hydraulic control maps.

Handling and safety are enhanced with the fitting of 18-inch wheels and tires and the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) system as standard equipment. The Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) system, which allows the driver to select between the comfort of a grand touring car and the track-ready precision of a genuine high-performance sports car at the touch of a button, is available as an option.

The Cayman S will go on sale in the United States and Canada in mid January of 2006 at a price of $58,900 US

24. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I like and I want one.