Summit Point Event | FerrariChat

Summit Point Event

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Gman, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gman

Gman Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 15, 2003
    York, PA
    I understand that there was a large turn out of Ferrari's at Sunday's Brian Redman race event at Summit Point. I was not able to go however I have heard from someone that was there you guys had a large "Scuderia" of Italian machinary. Where are all the pictures? :)

2. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I was there on Saturday afternoon and saw a TDF CS, red 550 and a red 328. I didn't take any pictures though.

Regards,
    Chris

3. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    See here...http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59222

4. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    OK...I give, I see one picture of an A-M nose. Where are the rest?

5. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
  6. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    David: Great photos. I saw Mrs. Bobert on the side of photo 7! Unfortunately our 355 did not appear in any of the photos. The Bizarrini and the Muira were absolutely outstanding to see. I had only seen those cars in magazines when I was a kid! It was an outstanding event! The drive was great, lunch terrific and the laps at Summitt were fun!

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Is there a model # for the Bizarrini? What a spectacular car!

8. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    somebody ask me why i don't go to these things...i come up with sorry ass excuses why I don't end up going...SOMEONE ASK ME WHY...come on..ASK!!!!

9. barranr

barranr Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Herndon VA
    Full Name:
    Rod Barrand
    Why don't you go to these things?

10. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    I believe a 7000GT...does that sound right?

11. tsyntax

tsyntax Karting

Dec 6, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Tony Syntax
    Guys I was there with my fiance- a pleasant surprise to see all of the F cars and the Biz.

I used to be very active many years ago. I have a Garage Queen- but not before I put 46K miles on it. There hardly used to be F cars show up at the Jefferson 500. That's why I stopped bringing mine- I didn't like being the only one there. It was nice to see the 275 GTS and 330s. Nothing like hearing that timing chain whine of the older cars. Yeah, the exhaust is great, too.

New cars- too quiet except for Allie's F-40.

Was that GTO a F-car redo? I notice bigger Dunlop brakes on the front but different looking than the early GTO type and Girlings in the back. The car looked good and sounded good, no matter what.

T

12. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    cuz i'm cheap and lazy...and i'd rather sit at home and say i'm bored than pay $20 to get into summit or $55 to attend italian show. next time...next time...

13. Gman

Gman Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 15, 2003
    York, PA
    Bluedevil
    Thanks for the link to the great pictures! I have gone to this event in the past however I missed this one. Looks like this was the one that I should not have missed. Anyone else have any that they can post? Love looking at Italian metal and can't get enough of the eye candy.