'79 308GTB | FerrariChat

'79 308GTB

Discussion in '308/328' started by Cenzoooo, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cenzoooo

Cenzoooo Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Queens, NY
    Full Name:
    Vincent L
    I am looking at a 1979 308GTB. The car has 55,000mi and the motor was rebuilt and modified by Nick Forza 5,000mi ago. It was repainted different then when it left the factory and the seats were replaced with Corvette buckets. What is this car worth?

http://happyisgood.com/308/
    Thanks

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    It's hard to say, There's too many (for my tastes) modifications on it to really give it a fair appraisal. I would enquire if he still has the original seats, wheels, front clip and bumper. Are the modifications to the engine such, that a knowledgeable Ferrari mechanic would be able to understand what's been done? Do you want to keep it for a long time or flip it once the thrill is gone? Think of resale.

It depends what you're looking for and what you expect....and what YOU'RE willing to pay for it.

As some on this board know, I'm a bit of a purist, and I tend to go for a car that's in good but stock condition.

...just my 0.02$

3. Cenzoooo

Cenzoooo Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Queens, NY
    Full Name:
    Vincent L
    Well if it was in stock form, what would a car of this year/milage go for? Then, how badly does the non original paint/color affect it. Than is the engine an posative or negative? Nick Forza seems to be reputable, no? The seats look rather good IMO.

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If I'm not mistaken, the owner is an Fchatter...

5. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    A stock 308GTB (according to Cavallino) should sell for anywhere between 22K to 35K, of course dending on the obvious things: overall condition, color, service records...

IMO, the mods don't add to the price.

The Vette seats, although nice, belong in a Vette.

I couldn't tell you about Nick Forza's work, since I've never dealt with him. But if you search the archives, there should be some feedback regarding his rep.

Buona Fortuna

..I'm off to bed ;)

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'd say $24k.

7. JTranfield

JTranfield Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    NYC, London
    Full Name:
    J Tranfield
    If he has the original parts as well it is well worth considering. Nicks performance rebuilds have a good reputation. Colour change wouldn't bother me if done well. If done badly forget it.