GP of Europe - practice - **SPOILER** | FerrariChat

GP of Europe - practice - **SPOILER**

Discussion in 'F1' started by jknight, May 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Good morning everyone,

Isn't anyone else up and about yet this morning watching practice on their computers?? Fourteen out on tract thus far with Zonta having the best time and most laps. Wurz is fastest as of now in S3 - some 11.2 secs ahead of Montoya. Should be interesting race. Air temp is 27C; track temp is 42C with dry conditions. Wurz is now showing with fastest time. It appears that several came out but didn't get timed laps. Of the significant players, Kimi has been the only one out and was one of those without a lap time. The other key players haven't been on track yet. 36 minutes left in this session.

I really believe this will be a good race and I am hoping that the scarlet team does well.

Carol

Sean - are you on this am?? You bringing the coffee and donuts for the next practice session??

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Wake up you guys - you're missing it!!! 13 minutes to go and it's a (drum roll, please)

FERRARI 1-2

Michael - 1:32.769 and Rubino with 1:33.272 - they've done 5 laps each thus far. Oop's Rubens has just done 6 laps.

Wurz is .704 behind MS in third. Neither Williams has yet to appear on track.

I'm happy!!!

Carol

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Session over - well at one time it was a Ferrari 1-2

Wurz 1:31.670
    MS 1:32.578
    Zonta 1:32.726
    Montoya 1:32.873
    RUBENS 1:32.984
    Kimi 1:32.988

Afterall, it ONLY practice!

Carol

4. Neal K.

Neal K. Karting

May 9, 2005
    Clarence, N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Glad to know the two brothers seem to have
    "buried the hatchet". It was quite testy
    there for awhile with both Ralf AND Rubens
    blasting the reigning World Champion for
    apparently an incredibly risky move during
    the last lap at Monte Carlo.

5. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Michael's car took a dump.............

6. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    mikey will bury the hatchet in anyone's back, including his hapless bro's

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    4:24am to watch a practice session? You're die hard.

8. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Dang it I missed practice!!!

The Ferraris look promising, what happened to MS in Practice 2?

9. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Nice to be off work and get up early to watch F1.

He only did 5 laps in the 2nd session, came into the garage, Todt gave him a look that something was wrong, he got out and was not happy..........

For some strange reason, Ruben's left the pit with only 45 sec. left in the session.......why? They must be trying something that they could see in only half a lap.

10. axemansean

Jul 11, 2004
    I had work, so I had to sleep in. :( My boss doesn't believe F1 race weekends are national holidays.

I hope they fix the gremlins, the Ferraris from the times look promising.

Ferrari Forever!!!

11. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Michael had an electrical problem(nothing major, he said)

Jordan are banned from running the third car in Canada because Montagny run on six different sets of rubber today, and the rules say that the third driver can use only four sets.
    Sad to see Doornbos losing his seat, he did a good job so far.

12. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    If you ever met John and Carol, it would come as no surprise to you. :)

13. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Both the Ferrari's look very promising and the race results will be very positive indeed!

14. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Dave, Good to see you on a F1 exchange! Andreas - actually I was out feeding horses and cows at 3:30 this morning so I could be in place and ready to stare at the flat screen at 4!! I missed the second practice due to things we had to get done at work this morning. I guess I am a die hard and a true Tifosi right?? We are doing an activity with the Ft. Worth Mercedes group tomorrow - big decisions my McLaren Mercedes or Ferrari shirt???

Let's hope for a great race this weekend. ???Wondering about the possible McLaren Team Orders???

Ferrari 1-2

Carol

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What for? The way both of them are driving a natural order has already been established. Sadly as I expected them to duke it out like in Interlagos last year.

16. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I was just on the "official" McLaren Mercedes F1 site and couldn't find anything there - interesting site nonetheless. I read it earlier today on fosa - apparently they haven't ruled out team orders and then they go on to say that they want Montoya motivated. Go figure . . . . . Like you, I think that the natural pecking order has been well established and was established when Kimi went to McLaren. I don't think it would matter who the second driver was/is/will be so long as Kimi is there. I must say that I've grown to like him or perhaps have grown accustomed to him. It almost seemed that during the post race press conference that it was Mika sitting there again.

Carol

17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    McLaren and Williams unlike Ferrari don't give team orders unless it is mathematically impossible for one driver to be champion. You can argue about MH at Australia in 98 but that was because the team screwed up. Thank god for no team orders, let the best man win, I don't care if it is JPM or Kimi, Heidfeld or Webber.

I have a feeling though that Kimi is going to take this one. JPM is not used to the team yet and he has been acting like an idiot (hurting his shoulder under who knows what circumstances) and brake testing Ralf at Monaco. Had he not pulled that nonsense the McLaren's would have been 1-2.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Same here: Actually in my mind I'm starting to mix them up and occasionally I write the wrong name in my posts here (but as mod can fix that later on).

I'm no Kimi fan yet (once he drives for Ferrari that'll change), but I do like him. No nonsense one syllable straight shooting fast guy. I got nothing against JPM, but have to say Kimi makes him look like a door knob (and he would do the same to Wurz btw).

19. axemansean

Jul 11, 2004
    Ferrari 1-2

Ferrari forever!!!