CGT SIGHTING (AND HEARING) | FerrariChat

CGT SIGHTING (AND HEARING)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by need4speed, May 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    I've seen photos and watched some videos. But I finally saw a silver CGT turning onto PCH from Sunset Blvd yesterday around 7:30PM. And as the CGT turned onto PCH, he punched it and the sound was HEAVEN!!! That might be one of my all time favorite automotive sounds. OMG!!!

Is the owner here on Fchat, or known by anyone here? I just want to thank him for such a thrilling experience.

PS. It didn't look as if the driver had any issues with the much mentioned clutch.

2. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    clutch is no problem after your first couple hours with the car. in fact, a buddy of mine taking delivery last week drove one (mine) for the first time last week and found it to be no problem from the very first take off. they are a little stiffer when new (mine has 3500 and is therefore smoother), but still it's more a "motorcycle fast" throttle rise and fall (very low inertia motor with lightweight flywheel and carbon ceramic clutch) that catches people by surprise - at first. you just have to fine tune your sensitivity to throttle modulation. many freak out when it revs so fast that they let off and it drops so fast which causes them to stall it. so, they either don't give it enough, or give it way too much gas until they learn to use the hyper throttle in this race motor. i use approximately 1k rpms on flat surfaces and 1500 to 2000 on hills with cars on my rear bumper.

3. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    I had a Similar Experiance!!!! Last Summer i was in California for Monterey Historics, the Monday after the events i drove down PCH to LA. Much longer route, but we wanted to see the Beautiful Pacific Ocean and the beaches. About 1 hour south of Monterey on PCH what do i encounter? An almighty Carrera GT flying past me :D I think i pissed myself when i saw it :)

4. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Yup, CGT sounds like a wild beast growling at ya, its my favorite Porsche :)

7:30pm should have a little bit of daylight, Did you catch the interior color by any chance?

5. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    might have been Jay Leno.

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    When I saw him in his CGT, he showed us how heavy his right foot is!

Jay is cool!

7. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Darth,

Leno has the GT Silver color as well? Interior color?

8. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I saw a CGT and south coast plaza yesterday, I couldn't believe that he would park in between honda's and leave all the windows down with no top...and when valet was like 40 feet away. It wasn't the guy always at crystal cove, there was no 11-99 plate holder.