Spring 05 Spotted | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Spring 05 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yesterday evening rush hour:
    - yellow 360 Spider in front of the "W" hotel on LSD
    - Tony and his red 360 Spider at North Avenue beach

It was funny to see two in a row. In 20 years the 360 will be the 308 of today.
    :)

2. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    (Forgive me:)) Yesterday, saw a white Murci on a side-road near the Jaguar dealer on 14 in Barrington/Palatine.

3. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    did it have chrome lambo wheels by any chance?

-Mike

4. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    It was so quick I wasn't sure if they were or not. I just caught it out of the corner of my eye, got a enough of a look to know what it was, and then it was out of my sight. Have you seen a white one in that area?

I got to admit, I am becoming more interested in the Gallardo, especially after seeing a black one in person.

I just got back from spending ~5 weeks in London. I was amazed at all the high-end cars I kept seeing - 360s, 550s, Vanquishes, Bentley GTs, Lambo G.. Saw what appeared to be the same Azure (light blue?) 360 spider on several accounts w/aftermarket exhaust (I think).

5. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    There is only one white murci that came out of FVM, I saw him at the track a few days ago. I'm not a huge fan of white cars but it was definatly something that caught my eye; and not because it was a Lambo! Nice spot by the way.

-Mike

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    London is a spotter's paradise. Kinda like Monaco. Not a day went by without one exotic zooming by. A friend of mine had a neighbour who literally used his F50 for milk runs.

7. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Thanks Mike.

Yes Andreas, the people I was working with thought I was nuts:)

Saw a nice Mondial today out near McHenry/Woodstock; red (of course!).

8. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Whew! What a day coming and going from the Cubs game (CUBS WIN!).

This morning, around 11:30 heading north on 41 near "The Last Detail" dealership I saw a red Ford GT. The first time I've seen one. Impressive.

Then, coming home, the fun begins. I'm traveling west on Addison from Wrigley and a "blinged" up Porsche turbo faux slantnose with chrome wheels is weaving in and out of traffic like a mad man. He then side swipes a van, bounces off of it like a pinball, and keeps going! The van stopped. I saw it happen about a block ahead of me. I couldn't get his license but someone had to.

Then on 41 traveling north where the Porsche Exchange is located I spotted a beautiful titanium 360 Modena heading south. I love that color.

About two minutes later spotted a silver 550 or 575. I couldn't tell which. Stunning!

Then, near Lake Bluff, I saw my own reflection as a 360 Spider, red/tan, drove past me. Every time I seen one -- as common as they are becoming --I get excited.

Finally, as I turned into Knauz so my son and I could just gawk at cars, we saw an absolutely beautiful 67 MGB, yellow with black. We asked the owner which year and it had the early dash so I at least knew it was pre 68. This car was cherry. Very very cool car. The owner was kind of stand off-ish, for some odd reason.

Good night!

Mike

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Saw a gorgeous silver/blue tinted 575 speeding west on Dundee on Friday afternoon in Palatine. What is the color called, Azzuro California? Regardless, a very good looking auto.

RocketBoy

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tuesday 10am on the Kennedy: Red 360 Spider with black top up.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wednesday 4pm: Yellow 360 Spider tearing up Franklin Ave. Awesome sound!

12. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Are you serious?? That seems kind of odd....I hope he drove it other times as well. If not he must be very serious about his groceries and ice cream not melting. :D

13. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

When my wife and I get passed by a tool on a sportbike with no helmet, instead of calling them 'organ donors' like we used to, she just says, 'Look!! A dumba$$,' and that pretty much says it all. :D

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Monday morning, Red 575 with a very ugly looking driver... oh wait that was me. Anyone going out for a spin today?

RocketBoy

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Are you kidding? You and your wife are the pretty people from Florida. You both could make a living as models. The 575 is just added gravy.

16. Where you driving North on I94 pass the Lake Forest Oasis today any time in the afternoon. I think I seen you, I was going south (Northbrook Court was my destiny) and seen the mean 575 from a far, couldn't help, but look.

17. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Wasn't me, I was all over the western suburbs Monday. Couldn't get anyone else to come out and play. I did see a 308 on Algonquin in the town of Algonquin. Lots of Vipers out both new and old. Surprisingly a lot of nice comments from of all people WRX and Evo kids. I was the only one who didn't have a cookout to attend so I would up driving the 575 to PetSmart, Jewel, etc for chores as the daily driver is a small 1500 miles overdue on an oil change.

Motorwerks has a 360 Coupe Silver for sale, (though the Porsche CGT and McMerc SLR look way more wild.) I saw a red 348 spyder at the Exotic Rental place on Northwest Hgwy in Palatine today, Tuesday.

RocketBoy

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Red/Tan Mondial Cabriolet,top down,with a Family of 4. Exiting 'Redstone' Restaraunt in Oakbrook Terrace,Sunday around 5:00PM. I really like those cars,regardless of what anyone else might say.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Spring 05 Spotted, going for $ 10. Anybody? Fair warning, tomorrow we'll start Summer 05 Spotted. Anybody? Going in 3 - 2 - 1....

20. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'll bite, saw a white 308 around Hicks Rd and Dundee today.

Also saw a red Daytona Spyder on Vermont in Palatine today; it was parked.

Not sure if it was real!

OK, I bid $10.01.

Do we get to keep "Spring 05 Spotted"?