308 carpet kit | FerrariChat

308 carpet kit

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ria, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    i am in the market now to get a carpet kit for my 80 308 gtsi i was looking at this co, WORLD UPHOLSTERY & TRIM anybody got a carpet kit from tham in the past and happy!!! $ 700 is lot of money. any info on this more CO !!!!!!!! THANKS.

2. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    www.gahh.com is alos quite good, I bought my carpet and some leather from them.

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I went to an auto uphosletry shop and ordered my own carpet and did it myself for about $200. If you have the time and skills it can save you a lot of money. A lot of people want to keep this orginal as possible so this may not be what you'd like to do but just thought I'd mention the option.

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I bought a set of front mats for my car from them. They were prompt and the mats fit. I'm also thinking of getting a complete kit from them.

5. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    World upholstery is a complete total rip off. You can find much better deals elsewhere. Try superformance or GT Car Parts.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That was where I got mine for the 328 - Cost me about $700 with shipping - Sounds like I could have got it cheaper!

I installed it myself.

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Do you have any pics of the carpet installed?

8. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I went with world up. for my 78 308. With shipping nearly 800. The Wilton Wool Carpet was impeccable and fit like a glove. I bought a can of conatact cement from Home Depot and in a week had showroom quality carpet. I have seen others and you will be disappointed! Indeed much better than the carpet that was in there, the faded black turned to blue stuff, which may have been OEM.

the others are knockoffs so be careful.

9. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have photos of before and after that I can email if you send me an email.

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #10 Chiaro_Slag, Feb 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Go ahead and post them - We would all love to see them - I went through the same process - See this thread :

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2842

I loved getting rid of the mungy old carpet.

Here are some pics of the carpet from GAHH installed (I also re-did the back wool material in leather) - The floor mats came from e-bay :
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I bought from World Upholstery for my Dino, looked very good to me, price didn't seem out of line.

www.reoriginals.com also has two choices, and MAtt at Re-originals is a very nice and knowledgeable guy.

Re-originals pricing:

U0116 Carpet set, Italian wool with jute backing, this is an upgrade from the original $980.00 set
    U0116B Carpet set, original style, synthetic carpet. $850.00 set

www.ggbailey.com

will custom manufacture floor mats for any car, you just have to send a pattern. I think it is about $100 for a set, ordered them for my 911, TR6, and Dino, and they are excellent, and fast.

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    These prices sound better - The $200 above made me think I overspent - Maybe it wasn't the same quailty. Hard to say without seeing.

13. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have the carpet for the door panels if any one wants them. WU sent me the carpet for doors and I have leather so not needed. Black. You should note they no longer have mats with both the prancing pony and FERRARI lettering one or the other.

The ponys are not the huge ones you see in some F-cars but smaller about 8 inches.

They even supplied the carpet for the underdash vent outlets. They do not provide directions and with over 12 pieces you may get lost, so what I did was take out all original pieces and labeled and compared. I actually had more pieces than I found in the car.

14. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    1975gt for don / can you give som info as to why WORLD UPHOLSTERY is a total rip of !!!! thanks

15. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    emal is [email protected] do you the web site for WARLD UP thanks.

16. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I called a few places and asked for samples, they all sent them promptly. I found a couple places that had carpet sets cheap, in the $250 range using carpet from US cars. In my opinion there was simply no comparison to the factory wilton wool, so I bit the bullet and ordered. gahh had the carpet by the yard, I think it was about $80 or $100 and I think I remember it would be about 4 or 5 yds.

17. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Ria---not all parts, but most parts are overpriced, http://www.worlduph.com/PRICING/mpl308.htm

compare with alot of other F-car suppliers online. Ferraripartsexchange.com, superformance, GT carparts (not online), TRutlands, etc.

Most of WU front seat prices are ridiculous while door panel quotes are reasonable.

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks - I got the carpet from GAHH, not by yard though - It was a complete kit, I want to say around $660 - $700 after shipping (give or take a few bucks).

19. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    That's about what I paid...It just wasn't worth the savings to me to try and do it my self, I (mostly) know my limits...

20. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    gahh is $675 WORLD UPHOLSTERY $702 world they have the color i like.

21. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Re-Origionals advises me that they can no longer get the mold carpet set which would match the factory set.

I don't belive the gahh or world offers a molded set- they are assembled from cut pieces.

Anyone have an opinion on how they look different then factory?

22. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    The carpet that was in my 84 QV was not molded as far as I could tell, it was cut pieces. The only difference is that the original was a 3/8" pile that is no longer available. The replacement was 5/16, which to me actually looks better and is supposed to be more durable.

23. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    2 things to be aware of:

1. 308's do not have moulded carpets. All of the pieces are flat and glued to the contours of the floor.

2. I have yet to find a company that sells a carpet kit that has correct rubber heel pads for the driver's and passenger floor. The heel pads you get are generic ones and far from being an original match. Some people do not care but for me it was an important detail. The ONLY person I found that could get the heel pads was re-originals at over $200!!!!! Luckily my pads were still good.

24. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Correct they are not molded but glued to fit as from the factory. I strongly suggest the precut as they use the factory specs. Mine from World Up had the pads as pics show. Pics are grabbed from video so not clear at all, sorry. I may try a MPG.

25. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    BEFORE: Passenger side under fuse panel