HYPERFLOW CATS FROM RICAMBI ON THE WAY | FerrariChat

HYPERFLOW CATS FROM RICAMBI ON THE WAY

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dcup, May 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    i just ordered a pair of hyperflow cats for my 348 through ricambi racing, and once again another nice experience with Dan. i will try to post a sound clip of my car after installed. can anyone tell me how to post such a clip ??????

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Same as posting a picture -- just make it an attached file

3. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    ya, but do i use a video camera or what ???

4. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    John I ordered mine last month and put them on a couple weeks ago. I have a 91 348tb with Tubi. The Hyperflows rumble more at idle and scream louder at 5000-7000 rpm. It also seems to rev faster. I think you'll definitely like them.

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Oh, you want to know how to MAKE such a clip! Several ways -- you can use Windows Recorder and a microphone attached to a laptop, or you can use your digital camera and make a movie with sound; then there are software utilities that can strip off the soundtrack if you want.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    That is the smart way rather than those that replace the cats with a "test pipe" and thumb their noise at the law and our environment.

7. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    How much were the Hi-flow cats?

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Why don't you just go to the Ricambi-America website and see for yourself?

http://snipurl.com/fa0a

9. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    1500 and some odd dollar for both.

10. GQ IMAGE

GQ IMAGE Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    GQ IMAGE
    John I have the test pipes and the Tubi on mine. The car sounds like a F1 car coming down the road. The best thing in the world is removing the factory cats. They hold so much heat and back pressure. You will love the Hi-Flow cars. Enjoy GQ.

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats - I have heard Kevin's & they sound great! (still waiting to hear Brent's) :)

12. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I am planning on purchasing one of these very soon as well as installing myself. In past experiences with exhausts, I usually replaced the exhaust "donut" gasket too. Is there gaskets of any sort I need to get for my Mondial 3.2 when I change this out?
    -Nathan

13. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    yes, the donut gaskets, sold seperate

14. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Actually... I'm giving the donuts for free to anyone who buys HyperFlow equipment from me.

(John you'll be getting the donuts in a secondary small box shipped via 2-day air. Like the sugary treats, these donuts are somewhat "dusty", so don't open the little box on your dining-room table)

15. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I wanna hear Brent's too.

BTW I love mine but I think everybody knows that by now....:)

Cheers
    Kevin

16. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu

17. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    excellent !!!!!!! thanks dan.

18. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Modern cats actually rob 30 hp from a Stradale? How bad is a 308QV's cat? Pulling it off should be worth about 10 on one of those. Anyone know for sure?

19. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Well I bit the bullet and bought one for my 86 Mondial 3.2. It took me about 2 hours to install and that was only because one of the factory donuts was rusted to the exhaust header and had to chip it out.I just got back from a spirited drive and I did notice some differences. First thing I noticed at startup was the sound. Even with the stock exhaust, it definitely rumbles more and sound more like a ferrari should when I rev it. When I was at the rear of the car, the exhaust was coimg out of the pipes a lot more forceful. Better flow! The car also seemed to heat up to operating temp quicker as well. On the road she sounded really nice and I think I felt better throttle response. Then again I did just put in a K&N as well. Hard to say. It does have a bit of a drone at 3k rpms but I know this can/will change as it breaks in. Most ss exhausts I have installed on cars seem to do this after going through some heat cycles. I really don't know if I got a lot more horsepower other than my seat of pants telling me I did. Was it worth the 750 smackers? I don't know. I paid less than that for a complete custom ss exhaust system including down pipe when I had my 03 WRX. I may dyno the car and see what I get. Now who has a nice non-tubi priced exhaust out there......

-Nate

20. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Someone on another thread did a dyno and found they gained 1hp by removing the cat on a QV....

21. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Nathan -

Wow.. that was fast. The box probably only arrived midday today. Glad to hear the installation was (basically) smooth. Did you take any pictures for your fellow fchatters?

-Daniel

22. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Hey I don't waste any time! Sorry no pics. but I should have. Maybe tomorrow I can pull the metal screen back off and take a photo of it installed.

23. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    I have finally installed the Hyper-flows on mine after about working on it for a week(I'm not mechanically inclined as the rest of you guys). I can't say I noticed a big difference between the stock and Hyperflows. But I want to say, Daniel is the best - not only did he have great prices, & specials(free donuts), but the customer service, attentiveness, and followup were second to none.

Thanks Daniel for the expedited package.

24. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Would my Mondial t Valeo Cab benefit from Hyperflows? I couldn't find a post that applys - - - doesn't mean it wasn't there - - - just couldn't find one. I'm restoring "Rachel" and have always leaned towards exhaust upgrades in my cars.