F1 Commentary Conspiracy... | FerrariChat

F1 Commentary Conspiracy...

Discussion in 'F1' started by Mike360, May 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We all know that Jenson in England’s favorite, and I can see this portrayed in the commentary of a given Grand Prix. Both the commentators, James Allen, and Martin Brundle constantly give Jenson support in his actions, no matter who is at fault. Now I can see, them being employed by a British station and them trying to appeal to British viewers a main reason in doing this, but I think that they can go a little overboard with Jenson. I mean, why don’t you vocally support David Coulthard? Are you trying to build Jenson’s image with the viewers in a hope that:

A) They buy more Jenson Related merchandise
    B) Therefore making Jenson a money making asset to BAR and to Himself
    C) Therefore Jenson can feed Martin himself because Martin is Jenson’s manager and a no doubt shareholder in the profits made by him??

What brings this up is that a few Grand Prix’s ago, Jenson had a run in with a Williams. think it was the Malaysian GP. Anyways, Jenson really needed to get out of the way of the clearly faster Williams, but technically they were racing for Track position. Anyways JB performed some trademark “Hack” moves and nearly took the other car out. Even through slow motion replays which clearly showed JB in the wrong, Martin still gave out like it was the other car’s fault. Why would he risk his money making asset by saying something negative??

I seriously think that Martin is biased in his commentary. Not because of national pride, but because he has a financially vested interest in the success of Jenson Button.
    Thoughts?

I have purchased a til foil hat

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Davidson driving for Sauber (replacing Jacques) was a complete fabrication by autosport. (UK magazine)

Martin Brundle with Button...

I even heard some people from England saying Dan Wheldon will be in F1 next year.

Lots of BS..

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah like you said, lots of BS.

But when stuff like the Davidson rumor came out, it came out in Autosport. We dont have to read Autosport if we choose not to.

On the other hand, we HAVE to listen to Martin..... And his Biased BS...

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Yeah we don't have to read Autosport.
    As for me... I don't have to listen to Martin and his biased BS. ;)
    I always watch the races on rds. (french canadian channel)

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Mike,

Martin is DC's Manager I believe. The best is Bob Varsha and Steve Matchett.

6. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Im pretty sure that he also does JB.

Well that's what i heard. Anyways, if im wrong, talk about biased BS in F1 then.... :)

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Mike you maybe right, as Button first got rid of his original manager who got him into Williams as that guy was also managing Kimi when he went to Sauber. After the recent debacle over his Williams/BAR contract, Button got rid of his manager. So maybe Brundle is managing him now as well. I personally don't think Button will ever win an F1 race, I could be wrong but just a feeling.

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    That's right.
    Jenson ditched manager and advisor John Byfield over the winter. And yes Martin Brundle is DC's manager.

9. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    IIRC Martin played a big part in JB's bid to Williams.....

10. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Is Matchett the guy who does all the hilarious impressions of the German and Italian team managers? I can't stop laughing after hearing him do little impressions of all the drivers and their teammates. Great times...

I think the F1 commentators are a great bunch of guys... they have so much fun in the booth and they are so relaxed while doing it. Sure beats Madden and Michaels... or even anything NASCAR can come up with...

Sorry, a *bit* off-topic but I just wanted to say how much I enjoy their commentaries :D

11. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    DC has been managed by Martin for a long time. Martin has no involvement in Jenson's career.

12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I think the end of year "round table" shows have loosened them up so they don't take themselves too seriously.
    ("Welcome to the Sarcasm Channel's coverage of ...") ;)

But we still have to endure the endless rumors of some american will be washing spare rims for a wannabe F1 team -- so there's hope of a yank F1 driver.

13. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have heard Brundle be critical about Coulthard and he is his long time manager. He is not Button's manager and is not generally very critical, but then Button hasn't done much wrong really, he is always well ahead of Tako who has the same equipment. As for Button wanting to switch teams last year, wouldn't everyone want to go to what they believe is a better team ? I thnk the biggest shame at BAR was Honda firing David Richardson, he did a brilliant job turning the team around.

Do you mean to tell me that the Australian brodacasters do not support Webber or the Spanish Alonso etc. Just obvious isn't it ?