Chinese Tires??? | FerrariChat

Chinese Tires???

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by PatrickShim, Jun 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Do Chinese make tires? Do they sell them in the U.S.? I would never put that on my cars (no offense), but I've heard someone saying that their are Chinese brand tires in the U.S..... I've never seen them.

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Motorcycle tires for sure.

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Why would a chinese tyre be so bad if they made a good one? I know there not chinese but i use a Korean tyre called Khumo, they have been race proven and i diched the P7 rossos that i always used for the better Khumos, which lasts alot longer and are just as grippy and have a good look.

4. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    i believe there is a chinese tire company but i can't think of the damn name. BTW Kumho's are awesome...ecxsta mx.

5. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    You can bet they will. And you can bet you'll buy it. Just like you buy everything else from China, from furniture to toys to electronics.

6. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I bought a set of Nankang's for my Twin Turbo a while back. They were a performance tire that resembled Pirelli P7000's tread, also made in China.

It all comes down to the bottom line.

Auto tires, tractor, heavy equipment, wheelchair, if its a tire, chances are its made in China or will soon be made in China

China: Tiremakers are capitalizing, but economic revolution has issues