FERRARI- THE ANTI-DEPRESSANT | FerrariChat

FERRARI- THE ANTI-DEPRESSANT

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TG3, Jun 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TG3

TG3 Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Teddy Solomon III
    Can anyone relate to a Ferrari being a great anti-depressant? Seriously! I am going through literally the toughest time in my life due to a couple of MAJOR things. I bought my first Ferrari, a red/tan 355 F1 GTS, about 6 weeks go. I have never been more serious that it is truly the best anti-depressant I have ever experienced. I used to not be able to sleep because I was depressed and now I cant sleep because my Ferrari is in the shop and I cant wait to get it back. It is unbelieveable that a car can do that. I can drive in traffic or on a curvy road in complete solitude and be in total happy land. Over 100k for a car and with no doubt the best money I ever spent. I would sell my house before I would sell that car. It being in the shop is like my adrenaline is on vacation. Every minute seems like an hour waiting to get it back. I am being truly honest here that the negative things that are going on in my life are the type that drive people to suicide, but that car gives me a happiness that overrides everything. I am telling you it is a miracle anti-depressant. I am considering buying another one just so that when one is in the shop I still have one. I just had to share this. God I want to drive that car right now! Thank you God for Ferrari. Thank you God........for Ferrari.

Teddy

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The Ferrari definitely lifts your spirit while driving. I understand what you are saying. You may also want to get a saltwater aquarium setup in your office as this has been shown to lower your blood pressure by about 20%. After a bad phone call or meeting you can look at the fish and other creatures in the tank for 5 - 10 minutes and the problem seems to go away.

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Fantastic are they not? When I am in mine I forget about everything else. I will never sell this car but only to replace it with another. I believe I will always own a Ferrari from now on :)

4. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    Teddy, don't forget about all your Ferrari brothers that are here for you too !

One of the best things I have found in ferrari owernship is the friends I have made.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Well said.

And good luck with everything Teddy. Hope it works out.

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Yes. Glad the car is helping. Time heals all, as well.

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Teddy:
    I share your opinion. At least you have driven your car. Mine is in a truck somewhere in the USA making its way from southern California to southern Florida.

When it gets here, it will go in the shop for a week for its major service. And then due to the summer heat, and the barely acceptable A/C of a Boxer, I will probably only drive it in the evening.

I found out a long time ago that an adreneline car can boost your spirits. First my 3 deuce 427 Stingray, then a new Pantera, and then a Porsche turbo with adjustable boost. The adjustable boost was a charm.

Unlike you, I would give up my car for a woman that will never suffer from depression or menopause, who is 100% committed to a relationship, that has her emotions in check, and likes to procreate like a mink.

I guess I will have my car for a long time.

8. TG3

TG3 Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Teddy Solomon III

In all pitiful honesty, I would too. In a second.

9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i too am going through a rough patch and also find the ferrari to be a salve for my emotions. its a wonderful feeling. keep your chin up, this too shall pass.....

10. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Yupper, they're fun cars, to be sure.

Just cars, though. I sure hope you get through your rought spot, man.

Just remember, things may stay bad for a while, but they always get better.

11. TG3

TG3 Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Teddy Solomon III
    Just for all to know what the tough time is.......I will be very personal and open up......

Me and my woman broke up about 10 months ago because after 7 years of her pressuring me to marry her she finally gave me an ultimatum. I was engulfed in my own set of problems and after taking for granted that she would always be there, I still did not marry her. But in my mind I had not let her go. I just figured I would go back for her if and when I was ready. Well, someone came along about 6 months ago and they are getting married this saturday. I cant stop it. The first time in my life I cant catch something at the last minute before it is too late. She is gone. I am alone.

She was the Queen of my life. I just didn't know how to be King.

Teddy

12. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I was going through a shty divorce, and looked on ebay one day with the intent on purchasing a 66 Shelby, but at the last moment thought, let me look at the Ferraires. Saw one, flew to San Diago, from the moment I saw and heard it, I knew this was the car for me. In two years, over 31,000 miles in two cars. I am now on my secound. It's been great....

13. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey Ted, down get to down on yourself. Don't get to hung up on the fish that got away. Throw the hook back out and catch another one, or two, or three, or four, or.....................the heck with it, get a net and then toss back the ones that aren't keepers.

LOL.

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Hey Ted, completely understand how you feel. I am going through a split following a divorce. Menopause and manic depression are a terrible mix. Everythig happens for a reason. This may be hard to understand at this time, but your future had a different direction then what you think you wanted right now.

The Queen is yet to come. So you will have your Ferrari and your queen, just start looking forward. Worked for me, should work for you.

Buy another Ferrari.

15. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Don't fret it; it's obvious she wasn't really the right one for you.

I've been there, I know.

The quicker you put her out of your mind, the sooner a new one will come along.

A some point, you'll look back and wonder, why the loss of the other one caused you such pain.

16. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Ahhhh, very wise words. Keep yourself busy and the pain will fade.

Good luck!

17. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Thats very true. I see from your profile you are an entreprenuer. Thats the best job to have in this situation, as I would imagine its your passion and therefore throwing yourself into your work is actually quite fun for you? Either way keeping busy is definately the key, and knowing that there are many, many more fish in the sea . Take care.

18. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i also went out with someone for 6 years....we very close...she pressured me on and off about marriage...finally gave me an ultimatum, got a job in another city, but we got back together and started dating long distance and we even became engaged...but i still was scared to death about marriage...but we set a date 8 months away...i quess she sensed how nervous i was the marriage, because she meet another guy and dumped me and married him 1 month after our wedding date!!!! i was blown away....and i didnt have a ferrari to help me thru things,,i had a vette....didnt help as much as a f car...but anyway, after a rough year, i slowly started feel better and soon i was dating and having the time of my life, and 8 years later now i am glad i didnt marry her...if she was the right one for me i would have gotten married to her long ago with out a gun to my head....i think i n the long run you will be happier for this...its just hard to see now...there are literally millions of great woman out there waiting to meet a great guys like us f chat members!!!!

19. kirk

kirk Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Kirk Texeira
    I also have many stressors, almost causing a feeling of anguish. I believe the F-car provides a truly euphoric feeling associated with the entire ownership. Of course driving is great but, hanging out with other enthusiasts is a good thing. Some would say it is just a hobby; no it is not just a hobby, it is a way of life. The ultimate high. Vroom Vroom...

Kirk

20. Dolle Dolf

Dolle Dolf Karting

Apr 15, 2005
    New Jersey, USA
    It wasn't meant to be. Subconsciously you did not want her. Been there myself. I pity her new man. Taken on the rebound, marriage after six months...It is not him she wants, it's the ring. The queen is dead. Long live the queen.

Be well.

DD

21. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    I share that sentiment!

22. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I've always had the same feeling about my motorcycle

who needs a shrink when can have a ride in a bike?

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    My Ferrari IS part of my "rough patch".

Otherwise, it does lift my spirits when I drive it.

24. TG3

TG3 Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Teddy Solomon III
    Guys, Thanks.

I am the happiest man in the world now. She is married and it is like all the negative weight in my life has been lifted off my shoulders. I was never happy with her to begin with, thats why I would'nt marry her. Seriously, I have not felt this great and energetic since high school. All I can say for the quick change is that God just took it away. Really. I am so excited about life to come. To be blunt, I am a 29 year old smart, passionate, compassionate, loving, sensitive, successful, and genuine guy who drives a FERRARI! Need I say more? Look out world.

You guys are great, thanks.

Teddy

25. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    "Single and Lonely" or "Married and Bored". Its a lose lose situation.

There is a reason why you didnt marry her; she would have taken your f-car and every single thing you have dreamed of (even your dreams themselves). Be happy and move on; as harsh as it sounds its the best advice you will get. Time will cure all your pain; you cant see the end now but you will look back and laugh one day...her loss.