Anyone who owns Ferraris in the Livermore / Pleasanton area? | FerrariChat

Anyone who owns Ferraris in the Livermore / Pleasanton area?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by BLACK HORSE, Jun 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi... Is there anyone who lives in Livermore / Pleasanton area that would like to hook up for Starbucks coffee soon? Im in search of new buddies who share the same interest as me “Ferrari, Ferrari, and of course Ferrari” Email me if you guys/gals what to hook up.

Rob
    [email protected]

2. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I was there this Sunday. I was finally going to get those Piloti shoes I have been eyeing in the catalogs, so I set off for Auto Affair in Danville after checking the web site and verifying that they were open on Sunday. I show up and the door has a sign on it: Sorry, closed, we are at the Wine Country Classics races. Arghhhh........I felt like enacting the scene from the Chevy Chase movie when he gets to Wally World...Fortunately for the 4 year old, there was a toy store next door.

3. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Luke, FYI on the piloti shoes - They are comfortable and allow you to feel the pedal quite well, but they are not very narrow. That's probably less of an issue for the GTE, but it annoyed me a little that they were made that way.

TK

4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    the maserati pedal placement is horrible, and my melchior mephistos are way too wide. Cowboy boots work better, but i cannot wear them on my workout days...Life is sooooo complicated, ain't it?
    :)

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Luke - what's your shoe size? I have a virtually unused pair of pilotis (grey/black) you can have if you like. Or if they're not your style, you can at least try them out for a while before buying a pair?

Gimme a jingle and I'll bring em to your office...

--Dan

6. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    you look like a fungus free individual.....
    i am usually around a 10 (9.5 to 11)

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Sounds good and abotu the same... I'll drop em off tomorrow...

--Dan

8. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    what a gent, this Dan guy is !!!! he would not take any dosh for the shoes !!!! Now I have to think of "revenge"
    Is there a Sunday breakfast thread yet?
    Seriously, guys, get off the computer, get in your car (Ferrari, or Honda) and come out to meet some genuinly nice and good willing car crazy hoodlums !\

Errr.,,,sorry for the slight kidnapping of thread, but a pleasanton to hmb drive would not be bad for your machine !

9. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    BlackHorse (Rob),

I live somewhat near the Livermore/Pleasanton area, or at least I drive thru there on my way home from work. I am a coffee drinker and fairly new Ferrari owner, so I guess I would meet the criteria. Let me know when or if you are getting a group together. I have not joined any clubs yet and would like to get more informed about local ferrari events and service.

Dave

91 Mondial t

10. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    So anyone for Sunday morning caffeine?

11. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Hey guys, I'm new to the board, don't own a Ferrari yet, but am looking. If it's OK I wouldn't mind meeting up and talking cars or whatever? I just drive a 911.

I figure before I make the jump to buy a Ferrari I should get to know the cars and people better.

Let me know if that's OK? I live in Castro Valley

-Kirby

PS - I also enjoy taking photo's so if anyone is up for a mini photoshoot I'd love to do that.

12. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Drop me a PM, Kirby...Let'***** Bodi's or Starbucks sometime soon...

13. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Hey Rick, I replied to your email but wasn't sure if it went through...

Bodi or Starbucks sounds good. We should see if we can gather any more F-car people. I want to expand my photography to another brand. I'm tired of shooting P-car...Started shooting Lambo pictures.

This weekend might not be good since it's graduation and fathers day weekend. Perhaps next sunday morning? I'll have to double check my schedule, but it should be ok.

Here are a few Ferrari pictures I've taken.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, how do you post pictures in the forum?

14. FerrariSoon

FerrariSoon Karting

May 18, 2005
    Hey Kirby, you just attach them to the post...

15. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    #15 blu328gts, Jun 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Got your em, Kirby...Anyone else interested in gettin' together next Sunday morning (6/26)?

Actually, we should go to the Palo Alto Concours @ Stanford http://www.paconcours.com/.

Nice pix, Kirby. Use the manage attachments function. Pixel matrix limit for posting is 640x640...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. srwhitman

srwhitman Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott Whitman
    Funny, I went to Auto Affair that same day on the way back from a Lotus track event and found the same sign. I was bummed out but I went back with my son the next weekend and spent a long time talking with the owner. Nice guy. I bought some cool stuff too.

I've been looking for driving shoes too. I don't get quite the feel I want from sneakers. I'm also not quite used to how to do heel and toe but I figure a driving shoe is better. Someone told me to check out Nordstrom's when I was at the Lotus event. They had Puma shoes that were pretty narrow and I think Adidas too. I haven't gone yet - does anyone know if this is a good idea.

Back to the thread - I used to live in Pleasanton but now I'm in the South Bay. I am a new F355 owner and would love to drive with you all but its hard to get up that way. My wife/kids are gone the week of July 4 so if anyone is around then I wouldn't mind meeting some of you folks. I think there are some good roads in the hills up there aren't there?

By the way, if anyone is looking, I know of two local F355's for sale. One is an 1995 and the other a 1998. Both red, 6 speed. First one is Berlinetta, second is spider. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Scott

17. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Hi Scott,

Would love to have a 6-speed 355GTS in TDF or Pozzi (blue)...someday (sigh)! Too many other toys and competing priorities for the near term...

Some nice canyons around here to wander around: Palomares, Niles, etc.

Your neck of the woods ain't too shabby for nice roads/scenery either!

How long is your hall pass good for?

-- Rick --

18. srwhitman

srwhitman Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott Whitman
    "Hall pass" is for a week - Sunday to Sunday starting 7/3.

Scott

19. DjTalya

DjTalya Rookie

Jul 7, 2005
    Pleasanton,ca
    Full Name:
    Casper
    I dont have a ferrari..but id be glad to talk about them with you :)

20. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    HI,

If anyone who wants to hook up for coffee at the Startbucks in Livermore First street location (OSH & Safeway shipping center) on Tuesday 7/12 between 9:30 and 10am... I'll be there with my F-car. I would like to see a few ferraris there if possible.

Thx
    Rob

21. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Rob: Sorry...gotta work to fund my caffeine fix. How about Sat or Sun?

22. mr4re512

mr4re512 Rookie

Jul 7, 2005
    Hi Everyone -

I'd very much like to meet up with you guys and talk shop. I have a '90 TR (White/Tan) but looking to sell. If you know anyone...

Interested in a 6-speed (manual) 360.

Also, coffee sounds good but can we do it on a Saturday or Sunday?

My best friend down in So. CA meets once a week on Saturdays but THEIR event has Ferraris (Enzos included), Porsches (Carrera GTs included, like my buddy), Lambos, etc. They take up a lot of space in a outdoor mall area.

This sounds good.

E-mail me at: [email protected] (murph)

23. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hey Guys,

How does July 23rd at 10am to hook up for Starbucks coffee in Livermore? I'm thinking the Starbucks on First Street (OSH & Safeway shopping center) down-town Livermore??? If so email me, saying that you're gonna meet there.

Rob
    [email protected]