Max-Flow converters | FerrariChat

Max-Flow converters

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ROCKY1634, Jun 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROCKY1634

ROCKY1634 Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    has anyone had dealings with this company? they have a nice web site and their cats look good as well as having great prices. i have been unable to reach them for over two weeks, have tried e-mail, phone and fax to no avail. phone is always busy, no response from fax or e-mail.

i am looking for a pair of cats for my 355 spyder.

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I too have seen their website, and amazed at their prices; but your experience is telling me you should go to our sponsors Ricambi America and Nick's Forza Ferrari, and get the Hyperflows instead.

Take the lack of response as a warning.

4. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    I got a Max Flow for my old Saab, and it never quite fit right, despite their claims. It seemed like it was built well-enough, but the flanges on the ends weren't sized properly to connect with the factory exhaust system.

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I talked to the Max-Flow owner, who also owns a Ferrari, and ordered one for my 308QV. After almost a month it still hadn't arrived, though they charged my credit card right away. No responses to emails, didn't answer the phone, ignored a couple of faxes. I gave up, faxed and emailed them a cancellation and called the credit card company and got the charge reversed.

ALSO -- and this is important -- they're using ceramic matrix instead of metal matrix. He had told me that he thought he was using the same core component as HyperFlow. Not so. I called Random Technologies, who makes the core for HyperFlow, and HyperFlow only uses Random Tech's best metal matrix. There *IS* a substantial flow differential: the 3" in/out ceramic flows 426 cfm and the 3" in/out metal flows 598 cfm -- a 40% increase!!!

But BOY, does HyperFlow put a major premium on the units. The "universal" for my car (though of course it doesn't have the bungs/fittings for the O2 sensor and thermocouple) is only $239.82 direct from RandomTech -- the HyperFlow version is $769 retail, and still $725 when discounted by our friends at Ricambi.

So... the bottom line: The Max-Flow is a major improvement over stock units at a substantially lower price. But the RandomTech/HyperFlow units are the "ultimate" in performance without going to a test pipe.

I ended up buying a HyperFlow from FChat sponsor Dan at www.RicambiAmerica.com

6. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    CALL RICAMBI i have delt with dan a few times and is great to talk too, the guy is a wiz, and has great parts !!!!!!!!!!! i just purchased a pair of hyperflow cats for my 348. i had them in 2 days !!!! he got me a windshield i had it in 1 day, CALL DAN AT RICAMBI.