Sultans RHD F50 For Sale at Blenheim Palalce Auction | FerrariChat

Sultans RHD F50 For Sale at Blenheim Palalce Auction

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by greghurst, Jun 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
  2. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    yikes, any guesses on how much itll sell for?

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Considering the Sultans known neglect of cars I wonder how well it will actually run.

4. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought one of the members here already has a RHD F50 awhile ago?

5. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    The car has UK plates, right?

I know a guy who went to school with one of the sons of Prince Jefri (I beleive him) but he lived in there Central London Mansion. Apparently, they have a huge amount of Ferrari's in the garage, and the guy wanted a 550 Barachetta. But since he couldn't buy one (all sold out at the time) he had a regular 550 sent to Maranello to get "made" into one..The guy was apperantly down to earth and used to take a van to school (loaded with bodyguards). He used an old cellphone, and was a strict Muslim.

6. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    I guess you find these threads interesting:

[thread]51292[/thread]
    [thread]32129[/thread]

It's about the 550 Spider you're talking about. However, I am under the impression that they got this car BEFORE the 550 Barchetta was released. Although I must say that Ferrari certainly should have used the same "hardtop" system of the 550 Spider on their 550 Barchetta ...

7. IlyaRU

IlyaRU Karting

May 2, 2005
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    There was a RHD Ferrari F50 at the MPH'04 show last year. Does anyone know if this is the same one that was there, or a different one? I have some pics if they will help. I remember some pretty high figures mentioned when I read about the value of that rhd F50 at the car show.

8. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

Those were lies. The prices being mentioned were rediculous. This car would be worth less than a proper LHD F50

9. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    This made me wondering a little bit: there are a couple of countries in this world (like Hong Kong, South Africa and Australia), where it is not allowed to use a LHD car on the road. I assume that it is still allowed to drive a RHD-conversion on the road, right??? I these cases I can imagine that people want to pay a price which is a bit higher than that of a normal LHD F50, also because this car was converted by Pininfarina, and not by another unknown company. Thoughts????

10. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

As an Australian, I think the short answer is probaly yes; but maybe not.
    Our taxation system makes these cars prohibitively expensive and as a result most are imported under a customs carnet and re-exported when it expires (often then imported again in another name). Typically the car goes on a short "holiday" to New Zealand before coming back in a family members name.
    Even if you paid the taxes and the car was RHD, it would STILL have to be complied to local design rules for registration- a time consuming and expensive proposition. Then you would have to pay even more money in registration related stamp duty.

Owners typically drive the cars on temporary 28 day permits (few restrictions) or "borrow" a friendly car dealers trade plate (bad implications for misuse). So, given all the above, why would you bother with the time and huge expense of registering an F50? I wouldn't; but I probably WOULD pay more for a RHD one because of it's history and rareity. It would depend upn the condition etc, more than anything.

11. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    ill be honest, i like how that looks. more so than the barchetta