Tall Ships Challenge, Pacific Coast 2005 | FerrariChat

Tall Ships Challenge, Pacific Coast 2005

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jason W, Jun 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #1 Jason W, Jun 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For those of you on the Pacific coast, we will be visiting the following ports on their respective dates. I'm working with the American Sail Training Association (ASTA) this summer and will be traveling to all ports on the event.

June 23 - 26, 2005 - Victoria, BC
    June 30 - July 4, 2005 - Tacoma, WA
    July 7 - 10, 2005 - Vancouver, BC
    July 12 - 15, 2005 - Port Alberni, BC
    August 5 - 8, 2005 - Oxnard, CA
    August 11 - 14, 2005 - Los Angeles, CA
    August 17 - 21, 2005 - San Diego, CA

Here's the website for more info: http://tallships.sailtraining.org/

If you're into sailing or just want something to do over the summer, here is your chance.

For those interested, you also have the opportunity to sail on some of these vessels from port to port. There will also be regattas that 10-15 of the ships will be participating in, ranging in length from 16 nautical miles up to 271 nautical miles.

Just figured I would let all of you know.

Take care,

Jason-
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    that is so cool.............. i am going to pass this on to someone!

3. ItalianSpeed

ItalianSpeed Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    Sam
    What a wonderful event to post. Thank you. The tall ships are beautiful and also bring history to life. What a great thing you are involved in! Tell us more about what you do on the ship and please post more pictures!

4. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #4 Jason W, Jun 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sam:

I am honestly not sure what I'll be doing when I get to crew for the ships. I'm on the Race Committee so the regattas will take up most of my time while on the road.

It really is an amazing organization and event. The majority of these ships are comprised of crew who are 13-25 years old. The mission of ASTA is to help youth build character and confidence through sail training, and as a novice sailor, I can honestly say that sailing adds an entirely new element.

I'm not too sure how often I'll be able to get on Fchat in the next two months, so if anyone will be making it to any of the ports, feel free to email me and I'll see if I can take some time and get together. My address is [email protected]

Here are a few more pictures, then I have to get back to work. :)

Jason-