Italia Autosport + Some pics | FerrariChat

Italia Autosport + Some pics

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stimmers360, Jun 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

#1 Stimmers360, Jun 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Picked my car up today from Italia Autosport in Meltham, West Yorks and it am very pleased with the price and the quality of their work. Not only that but some really nice guys who are genuinly passionate about all things Ferrari.

John Pogson is a great guy, met all the mechanics, took time out to show me the cars they were currently working on etc. They will get all my business from now on, seriously impressed and would reccomend.

Had a new clutch, new clutch bearing, polish and wax, leather treated and engine bay fully cleaned - looks awsome.

Was so happy with it decided to take the afternoon off and go and have a blast over the Yorkshire moors to Derbyshire. (knew their was a reason i dont keep it in London much)

Here are some pics !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Why do you boys hide your number plates on these pics?? I cant see the point am i missing something ???

Ray360m

3. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

people can use the number plates to find out who the car is registered to, and more importantly, a little digging, where the car is registered !

Just playing it safe !

4. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    I understand your view Chris Dont you think though that if you go to the trouble of posting a picture of your car you want to see its your car rather than a 360 with scribble on the plate It dont worry me security wise if it did i would not post ANY pictures Just my opinion NOT a critisim

RAY 360M

5. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    I block out my plates when I post pics on here 'cos I don't want anyone to know that ALL my cars have the Reg A1GTB.
    Saves a fortune on congestion charges and speeding fines!:D

6. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Very good Clive could you explain how this congestion charge thingy works we live on Salisbury Plain and sorry dont understand One thing re living in the country that is different to town living is our chickens for the table arrive with feathers on not in plastic bags is this really the case ???

RAY360M hahahahahahhahahaha

7. RF128706

RF128706 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Last year some crooks in Italy found out the make, model and reg number of the Naples police chief's private car. They then stole a similar model, made up some forged plates and set about accumulating tens of thousands of Euros in parking and speeding fines...

Of course I don't advocate that anybody should do that here to some of our more "enthusiastic" chief constables. It would be wrong and not funny at all.

8. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Ray,
    I haven't a clue how the c/c works, Red Ken can put the charge up to 5 grand for all I care, all I do is use my patented A1GTB motoring economiser and drive as I please!:D

As for chickens, 'cos you live in posh Wiltshire, your chickens arrive! Here on the N.Herts/S.Beds border......we have to go out and catch the little bast**ds!:D

Either that, or wait 'til Oct 1st and give the pheasants in the garden a rude awakening!:D

Just to prove that I too live in the country.....oooh argh, oooh argh, oooh argh!:)

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    ray its a security thing its ok for you to show your reg number as every body knows your car stays in the living room

10. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    My dad bought a 7 series a few years back. Police found one just like it with our plates on it.

Can hide the plate on the website but what do you do when you're driving it on the road???

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Moors look great as does the car. Nice job Italia Autosport :)

12. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    That's why it's so sensible to use the A1GTB plate... thieves trace the registered keeper to an address in Wilts, and then discover that as it's on Salisbury Plain, it's constantly surrounded by tanks and armoured cars and thousands of soldiers with live ammunition....tends to put most of them off a bit!:D

13. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    How can they do this???

14. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Good ones Clive both posts made me laugh ,you also have agood sense of humour M8 Its great living in the country having the odd snipe at townies I did not know you lived in the country as well though ...............

RAY360M (plastic chickens one of my favorites )

15. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

post of the month...............again

16. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

i just thought id take some pics and say how impressed i was about the work done on my car.

I will continue to blank out my number plate as i feel safer to do it, simple ! Didnt want to start a debate. Its a personal thing , either do it or dont !

17. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Chris
    you should know that even the smallest detail posted on here will spark a lively debate...........some are small debates and some are just a MASS DEBATE!:D

18. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I've come to expect better from you :p

19. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    8/10 for wit
    2/10 for spelling
    you must speak to Steve bbi about some of the sites he seems to visit!;)

20. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    IA dont seem to advertise much - but they seem pretty busy. Nice to hear you had a positive experience Chris. I bought my car from Italia and intend to get the service done there this year.