FOC Central Florida Second Sunday brunch... | FerrariChat

FOC Central Florida Second Sunday brunch...

Discussion in 'Florida' started by kevfla, Jun 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    will be held at the Lakeside Inn, located at the south end of Alexander Street in historic downtown Mt Dora. This is by special request from a dear friend and club member who will remain anonymous except to say that the oil in their new Maserati will have hardly have had time to properly warm up before their journey is over! I think all of you have been there at one time or another. I mean the Lakeside Inn...not cold oil temperature. Maybe at a past Festival of Exotic Cars concours.

I have reserved 12 seats for 1 pm Sunday and will need to confirm that number with the restaurant Saturday late afternoon. I shouldn't have a problem bumping that number up with enough notice.The restaurant is now using a special ala carte menu during the summer months, serving from 11 am to 2:30 pm. Afterwards you can walk off some calories while window-shopping all the antique stores.

This is a shout-out to all the F-Chat locals in the vicinity like Al (400iGuy), Mondial-man Nate, Gary in Inverness, Shamil in Lakeland, David G (bring a portfolio of some of your work).

If anyone needs directions or help, please reach me on my cellphone, 407-592-9477.

Slowly drive past the Inn (& restaurant), wave to everyone on the rocking chairs, then hook a left into the parking lot. Want to come spur of the moment Sunday afternoon? Give me a call. We'll work you in somehow!

Kevin Flankey

2. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I am planinng on changing my motor and gear oils so I need to break it in of course. I am switching to a mobil 1 0w-40 so that should be perfect. Kevin, lets start early and do a run down 561 up 33 to 19 and then 455 and back to 561N and then to Mt. Dora?
    -Nate

3. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Is anybody going to go. I know its rainy out here right now but sunday morn looks like it would be safe.
    -Nate

4. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    We'll be joined tomorrow by a famous (north american) Ferrari (racing team) mechanic & his wife! The personal recollections of "what it was like" I'm sure would be pretty interesting!! I've doubled the initial head count. Weather? You have nothing to worry about...your car's got a roof on it, doesn't it?

KevFla