Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | Page 50 | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tuck

tuck Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    #1226 tuck, Jun 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I heard something really ridiculous from my leather trimming guy today. The panel behind the seats and where the pockets are attached to (see picture) is not wrapped with leather but with PVC.

I was lost for words when I heard it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Getting older....

3. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Tuck, just ditch the guy...its obvious he is taking you for a ride....

4. fredgrisham

fredgrisham Karting
    BANNED

Aug 6, 2004
    Wondering if ferrari prices will start to drop or plummet since Ferrari F1 has been on a losing streak, or say has not been performing up to standards.

No offence meant.

5. synergyx

synergyx Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Synergyx
    Guys... the dino has found a new owner!

6. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Sounds like fun. All are also welcome to pop by my place for some cold beverages. We can even talk P-Cars..... got lots of info/magazines and books on them.

7. tuck

tuck Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Shall we fix a date then? :D

8. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Just give me a couple days heads up and it should be good (except Wednesday). Weekends are also ok for me.

9. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Tuck
    I lost u... u saying it came that way originally or the Trimmer did it that way?

10. tuck

tuck Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    He claimed that it's PVC and decided unilaterally to replace it with carpet (I saw it already on the car). I told him that Ferrari DOES NOT use PVC and asked him to show me the original piece. 'Coincidentally' he did not have it. I said nevermind the original, I wanted it in leather regardless. His reply was that there will not be enough leather to go around.

He advised me to use PVC instead to save money!? I told him that it's a F-E-R-R-A-R-I.

I gave up and said I will pay to get the leather shipped here.

11. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Ur picture just loaded up. Those "map" pockets are leather!

12. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Hello neighbours !

Just some info if any of you guys are interested, esp. Jon who's deliberating on the Mondial/SC issue.

Go to the site of Motortrader.com.my and click 'search'. Once there, click 'Sports and Performance' and scroll thru till you see a Ferrari Mondial up for bids. Bid starts at RM 100k which is about SGD 45k++ at current currency xchange. It's been there for a month...Ad stated as a 91/95 which means in Malaysian terms build date in '91 and registered '95. I guess it should then be the Mondial t with the 3.4L 348 engine. Very rare to have these cars go under the hammer, and it says too that the car is in vgc.

No restrictions on foreigners/non-residents buying cars in Malaysia, albeit no finance availability. Can't help to check it out becuz I am in China at the moment and still stuck here for some time because the China-Japan fiasco got all our specifications to be re-doed! No Japanese products for construction purposes, a new unwritten rule! BTW, the bid starts on 17th June and you can call the telephone number listed.

13. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh man, what a mess with this guy. Looks like better to have a written agreement with detailed instructions eg. when dealing with contractors. How can there be not enuf leather? Nonsense, he's probably regretting his quote now. Your Testa is 3/4 done now but you'd better make sure details are worked out before work starts on the 911 if not have it towed somewhere else, there's quite a few good guys out there as well. I'll talk to him since I'm meeting him anytime next week.

Harold, that's a kind gesture. We'll fix up an appt & I'm surely interested with the discussion & magazines=Kept me awake everynight like drugs, I could read them over again & again; if only I was so hardworking with my studies :)

I'll post a very exciting picture later today....

14. tuck

tuck Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    It's actually the panel behind the map pockets. I'm sure that's leather as well.

15. tuck

tuck Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    The 911 is stripped bare already. Work has begun. I actually like his work, it's the dishonesty that puts me off. I didn't want to kick up a big fuss because both cars are not done yet. God knows what kind of shoddy work he will put in if things get out of hand.

And you are right, he is regretting his quote. He has mentioned that several times already.

16. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Oh that is too bad tuck, all the eggs in one basket...

As for him, for someone that is in his profession, he should be qualified enough to give qualified quotes, and not regret it later.

17. Enzo_kai

Enzo_kai Karting

Mar 13, 2005
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Kai
    i saw an Enzo and an F430 at a car park near chinatown. anyone has any idea about this gathering?

18. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    This is most troubling. It has not happened to me b4... maybe he has been over charging me thats why? hahahaha

Lung in Hawaii

19. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
    Tuck, which 911 do you own?

Your upholstery guy is from Sin Ming AutoCenter 2nd floor?

20. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
    Weekend is good, can take a drive up east to visit me and Mao's new baby.

21. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #1246 SFchallenge, Jun 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sunday morning: Caught this pair outside Hill St Fire station, apparently they were visiting the little musuem & a crowd gathered to see these instead. Driver for Enzo is "AM" but strangely not even a blue plate was displayed. Seems to be a magazine shoot as there was a photographer along. Hopefully they'll be featured soon!

What has Mao bought? Looks like our family is growing :) I'm in East too.

Thanks boss, very interesting site & many Beemers. Is the agent for Ferrari in Malaysia related to HongSeh here? Where do you guys service them & are the prices reasonable? Maybe better idea to collect cars & bikes in Malaysia, no COE, no annual exams, no layoffs, businessmen TP= a lot of fun. Understand we can drive Malaysian cars in Malaysia only but can they be registered under our name privately without a company?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
    These two cars belongs to the same guy "AM". Must be a photoshoot then..nice shot.

I will leave it to Mao to say what he bought.

23. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
    Mao, from the pic, ET1113 is already on the F430. :)

24. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Wah, u so free like me :) Is this the first registered 430 here? That means there's two Enzos with the other @ Tommy's?

25. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
    Lunch time :) This is the 2nd F430 registered. The 1st is a Yellow with blue interior and red steering. Yes this AM owns the other Enzo.