RossoCorsa Sales | FerrariChat

RossoCorsa Sales

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Mark_Davies, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark_Davies

Mark_Davies Rookie

Feb 24, 2004
    Just to make sure that everone knows....Mr.R Lukins at RossoCorsa is a f****** kn**. He has had my 98 F355 Berlinatte which was supposed to be in his showroom for sale for over twelve weeks now. Before the sale we both agreed to do a six thousand mile annual service and some bodywork, none of which have yet been done. On Friday morning I got a speeding ticket, and the car was being driven miles from where it should have been. He has been using my car for his pleasure and driving it around. What upsets me most is that he told me that all the work was now done and that the car is in his showroom.. I know I am not the only one, so do be aware.

2. topcat

topcat Guest

So sorry to hear the problems you re having. Im due to look at a couple of 355's they have on the weekend. Would you advise against it?

3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Ahh, the dreaded RL....

I'd have a story to tell about this person, but I suspect my posting will be peppered with asterisks start to finish!

Sorry to hear someone else is suffering at his hands, and I can assure you my deepest sympathies...... ahhhh, my blood is beginning to boil!!!

Stig

4. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Mark,

I remember when they were at the Concours last year. The cars they had for sale seemed over priced for the state they were in. They were a mess.

They have the same fixed price menu as Verdis. Are they the same company. Must not be surely....

How can the guy drive your car with out permission, it would not be insured. Just think if he crashed it... I would get the car back from him sooner rather then later. You can sell it privatley for more...

5. Mark_Davies

Mark_Davies Rookie

Feb 24, 2004
    I dont have a problem with the cars he has, its the constant lies that I got from him and the way I got treated, really was unbelivable.

6. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    What mileage has he done then... You must know.....

7. Mark_Davies

Mark_Davies Rookie

Feb 24, 2004
    I can say I have the car back and its going to be sold privately.

8. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    The police could actually prosecute if you told them what happened....

9. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Topcat

Caveat emptor, as they say...

This goes for any Ferrari purchase, never buy a car unless you see all the documentation, history, and booklets PRIOR to parting with cash. It's far easier to walk away than try and put together the pieces, as I have found out to my cost.

Stig

10. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    sorry to hear about your problem Mark, I'd heard similar stories about these guys and the guy who bought my 348 had found some iffy stuff about some of their cars. I did hear of a 355 being driven extremely irratically on trade plates in chelsea last week. Very sorry state of affairs.

11. topcat

topcat Guest

I think i will leave these cars alone and look else where, as stig says its easier to walk away now. Any suggestions, im looking in the £40's. I have been looking around but you guys actually have the cars and your advice is most appreciated.

12. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    topcat, I'd suggest Joe Macari (check the car thoroughly before you buy though), Foskers near brands hatch, Forza 288 who are in Dorset. Other than that try the main dealers and haggle hard.

13. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    TC

It's well worth having a chat with Karl Verdi in Hayes, Middx. He's a helpful chap, and quite a few of us on here use him for servicing as well.

http://www.verdiferrari.biz

Stig

14. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Ferraris seem to attract some of the worst and some of the best people in the car trade, goes to show that you should ask around about a dealers reputation before taking the plunge (have learnt that the expensive way!)

15. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Jesus, i'm glad you have the car back.
    This guy sounds a total c?nt.
    I had the same sort of problem with a garage & my last car.

Sad, just seems you cannot trust anyone, even if they are trading in such a high class marque.

It's just a matter of time with someone like this.

Phil

16. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    All car dealers are A$$HOLES

17. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    I met R.L once, can't say I liked the guy very much.

18. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Was he the guy that worked at/with Verdi's?

19. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Yep,

and Karl has been living with the ****-storm fallout from that arrangement ever since......

20. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    I've heard of a few bad stories about him too.I personally wouldn't buy a car from Foskers as I've heard horror stories about them too.

21. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Bloody hell guys , I think everyone has a couple of Skellebones in the closet?

But if what this guys saying is true, smoking his car around while he waits for it to be repaired and sold......

Cut off his legs, and if does it again the arms as well, that should do the trick.

I cannot comment as :

1. He has done me no harm
    2. I prefer to hear it from the horses mouth.

I have heard a few horrors about this guy, but he appears plausable.....

If he did that to my 360 Spider and got me a speeding ticket.......well he wouldnt do it again thats for sure..

Just my £3.00 ,s worth..

J

22. Mark_Davies

Mark_Davies Rookie

Feb 24, 2004
    360 SPIDER, sad thing is my car wasnt the only one that got driven about without me knowing, there was also a 360 and same story again.......speeding tickets!! From what I understand that car was driven about with different numberplates to hide the car, but the plates that were used were from a car without a challenge grille, Mr R.L was again caught out. The guy really has piss** me off...

23. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Ok Mark,

That sounds strange why hasnt anyone done anything about it? Have you joined Fchat today to diss Mr Lukins??

If the guys doing what you say...well he wont last long will he!!

Good Luck with your Car Mark..

j

24. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Iam not dissing him......just speaking the truth and letting others know, so that they are aware. Nothing wrong in that is it?

M.C

25. Mark_Davies

Mark_Davies Rookie

Feb 24, 2004
    Anyway guys.......enough said.