Difference between rosso corsa and rosso scuderia? | FerrariChat

Difference between rosso corsa and rosso scuderia?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by There, Jun 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. There

There Rookie

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, can anybody tell?

Thanks.

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #2 TexasMike, Jun 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    That's correct. The Scuderia red is like the F1 cars...lighter red (tinge of orange). I think this was done because the Scuderia red shows up on TV better. Then it became a gimmic to sell cars. Up close I prefer rosso corsa.

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    heh... that's a page out of good ol' Tex Schramm's playbook. :D

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Ironically, the Scuderia switched from Rosso Barchetta (which had also been used on their Alfa Romeos in the '30s) to Rosso Corsa in the early '50s because the original color was too dark to show up well in the black-and-white media of the day!

Actually I think the switch to Rosso Scuderia on the modern F1 cars coincided with the agreement with Marlboro, no?

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It's hard to tell the difference in color in the photos above, since today's photo developing typically makes all reds look pretty much the same. I took a photo of the Enzo that was at the Concorso Italiano last year that was in Rosso Dino--really an orange color--and the photo came back almost as red as the other red Ferraris!

7. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    There is no developing involved...they were all taken with the same digital camera under similar light conditions. I can easily tell the differnce between the colors in the photos. Especially the last two but, I do have a high-res flat panel.

8. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i have a friend at ferrari. he told me that they refer to rosso scuderia as "TV red" because they came up with the color specifically to make their cars look better on TV :) i've heard a rumor that coco-cola may one day replace marlboro as ferrari's major sponsor and they might change their color to be more in line with the shade of red used by coke. just a rumor...

9. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    That would be good, not carry the stigma of cigarettes, and not have a problem displaying the ads at events in England, the US and Canada.

10. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas
    Or better yet maybe Coke will change their color to match

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Since Coca-Cola is based right here in Atlanta, maybe they would bring the car and do a photo-shoot at Road Atlanta? That would be sweet!

12. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    What ever happened to the explanation popular years ago that Italian Racing Red was " The Color of fresh flowing Blood" ? (It sounds better in Italian.) I always thought it stopped being used when so many drivers were getting Killed in racing accidents. My understanding was that was the origin of Rosso Corsa.

13. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I didnt bother to read all these replies, but I can tell you that its easier to spot the difference between Corsa and Scuderia in-person than those pix make it seem.