Far away place(s) with clear water? | FerrariChat

Far away place(s) with clear water?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by BlakeAO6, Jun 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlakeAO6

BlakeAO6 Rookie

Mar 22, 2005
    Ft. Worth/Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Blake Armstrong
    The summer trip this year we (family) decided will be out of the Caribbean, finally. What are some nice places that yall have been to before or think is nice. Besides Greek Isles, Caribbean, Thailand, Fiji, Palau, Australia and Hawaii (we have been to those places before). Has anyone been to Cape Town, Africa before by any chance? That place looks nice Ideas please.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've been to Cape Town, no clear water. Most of the South African coast is choppy waters and lot of wind in some places, cliffs in others. South Africa is an awesome place and I had a lot of fun there. I would definitely suggest the Kruger National Park day and night safaris (the night one was better for our group).

Cape Town is alright, just like any city imo, but if you're going to africa, you should definitely go mostly to see the nature aspect of it. There was a place I went to where you could go inside a cage with a cheetah and another place where you could get close to an rhino. There is a restaurant called Carnivore where everything they serve is meat. They have girrafe, antelope, crocodile, etc, good stuff (giraffe was pretty good). I can find my itinerary if you want to see where you can go, I'd have to dig through some papers.

3. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    #3 Manny, Jun 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Absolutely Gorgeous. Why move to America from that?!

5. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    I'm thinking about Tahiti or fiji.
    Any thing i should know?

6. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Absolutely georgeous!

7. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Well i've been to bora bora and had a stopover in Fiji after that, frankly it is great, but in Tahiti service a very bad (they MUST use local people so they don't have to really stress out) and everything is VERY expensive for what you get.
    Still you could try the Hotel Bora Bora, it's the best one in Bora bora, the rest is pure crap, or Le Taha'a that is nice as well but somehow remote.
    Lastly in most places there are no real sand beaches (a good thing to know...), and where there are, they are usually infected by "no-nos", some kind of sand moskitoes that can bring you to bed for a couple of days.
    Did you thought about seychelles ? Try fregate island or north island...

8. BlakeAO6

BlakeAO6 Rookie

Mar 22, 2005
    Ft. Worth/Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Blake Armstrong
    "Did you thought about seychelles ? Try fregate island or north island..."

Wow...that place is gorgeous off of the pictures I saw on google.com search. Going to have to look more into that place.

9. TF142

TF142 Karting

Jul 7, 2004
    Universal City, TX
    Full Name:
    Tyler F
    My favorite place to visit would have to be the Yucatan by far! I love it there. Oh and I’m not talking about Cancun or Cozmel. Those places are not a lot of fun as it’s just America in a different loaction.

10. threesixty db

threesixty db Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2002
    Canada
    seychelles seychelles seychelles seychelles seychelles seychelles seychelles seychelles seychelles seychelles

oh, did i forget to mention seychelles?

11. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Yeah - absolutely! Bora Bora especially if you like the beautiful lagoon-like water. Moorea is nice too, but BB beats it hands down!

Most any of the islands in the French Polynesia chain are awesome - I go there every chance I get. If you can, make sure you stay in an over-water bungalo so that your hotel room is officially OVER-THE-WATER.... it is incredible to have a glass portion of the floor and to be able to watch exotic fish swimming right under you.... Check the hotels to see who has what ammenity....

It's definately worth the $ and the time getting there!

12. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    I'll start looking tonight.
    Thanks

13. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Marigot Bay in St. Lucia

14. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Cayman Islands. Diving on a wreck in about 80 feet of water and you could easily read the name on the ship on the bow. Crystal clear water, great diving, a wonder place only a short flight away from the east coast.

Terry