Clarkson on new M5============ | FerrariChat

Clarkson on new M5============

Discussion in 'Other German' started by tonyh, Jun 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Am I the only one out here that wants a simple radio, easy to adjust AC/heat and manual windows?

3. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    I'm with you Judge on this one. Not just the Germans, even the Italians are doing it. I've had my AR 166 for 2 years now but still find it a nuisance to adjust the a/c or even the radio stations..

4. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My good friend has driven german cars (E36 M3, AMG C43, E46 M3) for the last couple of years and no matter how many hours I spend behind the wheel I'm still guessing about what-switch-does-what.

I'd wet my pants if I could order an M5 with roll-ups, manual tranny and no sunroof. GPS what?

C.

5. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Whether you agree with Clarkson on the M5 or not, one thing is for sure, he is a twit and anyone buying a car based on his opinions is a fool IMHO.

6. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    I have to admit, I hate those wierd turn signals too! But when tiff drove it, he drove the heck out of it, and loved it.

7. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    #7 JaguarXJ6, Jun 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I guess all those 355 owners are idiots then. Thats his one of his favorite Ferrari's, and loves his SL55 his daily driver. Another ****ty car right there. Lets not forget his love for the warp speed XJ220 and the Ferrari F40. Both flops (ok one was).

Sunny

P.S. you're Australian and don't understand his humor? You could be an import... ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Whether you agree with some of his car choices, the guy is a pain in the ass, at least in the way he writes and presents himself on screen (though funny). And buying (or not buying) a car based on his reccomendations is very foolish. "Does everything. perfectly. The thing sucks" Sums up his view point on the Cayenne rather well. Likewise his viewpoint on the corvette is simply stupid.

9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    You don't come across Clarkson without being some sort of enthusiast. He fills his niche quite nicely in the automotive review world. Its far from gospel but provides a very interesting twist to the same, every new automobile is great attitude the other magazines and shows take. Its refreshing even if he's incorrect. Likely, you run into more Clarkson-esque people who comment on your car than C&D, R&T, and AutoCar fans.

Sunny

10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Clarkson's brief reviews tell me more about a car than every other magazine out there, combined.

He's subjective, opinionated, and a bit of an ass. And we love him for it.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I remember when he was reviewing the 350Z, he basically hated it. He said it sounds like crap, is slow and heavy, and made of cheap plastic. Then he gave it car of the year, LOL!

But it's still my favorite tv car show. I can't stand the stuff in the US, too cut and dry. The US programming focuses a lot on the numbers, i.e. cargo space in ft^3. I prefer Clarkson's opinions even though I always don't agree with them, gives a personality to the show. US tv can learn from this guy. The camera work is pretty good, too, very good imo.

I think he's pretty funny, too. The recent episode of the Range Rover trying to avoid target lock-on from a tank was pretty funny!

12. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    I hate all the electronic crap....
    It's useless, tehy could even remove the elect. seat adjustment....when do you need it unless you run a car rental business ?

Clarkson is fun, but it's a lot of bull****. His aim is to go against the flow.