99 F355 spider value | FerrariChat

99 F355 spider value

Discussion in '348/355' started by titanium360, Jun 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    what is the market value for a 99 F355 spider silver/black F1 12K major service done? thanks

2. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
  3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
  4. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yep.

5. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Retail probably in the mid 90's and wholesale mid-high 80's. DuPont prices about 120's. Hahaha

Forza,
    Kevin

6. secs

secs Rookie

Sep 8, 2004
    Perhaps a F355 with very high mileage and in less than stellar shape would sell in the mid 90's.

But, I believe it would be extremely difficult to find a 99 F355 Spider as described below for less than $110-120K. I also believe that very few Ferrari's as described below that exist. The ones that do, are the ones whose owners will sell for a great premium to market value.

1. Color must be Red/Beige-despite what others say, when selling a Ferrari most Ferrari enthusiasts will not consider any other combination. They call it resale red for a reason.

2. Mileage must be low- many Ferrari fanatics will not even look at cars with significantly more than 10K miles. Regardless of what owners with "driven" high mileage cars will tell you, cars with documented service history/records and very low mileage will command top dollar at resale. You can "drive it like you stole it" but be prepared to take a tremendous hit due to mileage at the time of sale. Real Ferrari nuts do not want to own cars with high mileage and much more than 10k would not even be considered. These type of people are willing to pay up for that perfect, low mileage car.

3. Car must have:
    a. All its original books, manuals , keys, Ferrari bag containing original car cover,steering wheel cover & seat covers.
    b. No dings dents or scratches in the original paint.
    c. No wear on the seat bolsters or any other part of the interior.
    d. No shrinkage or console bubbling.
    e. No dents or scratches in the sill plates.
    f. Recent major service perfomed with all documentation and supporting receipts.
    e. No afternmarket stereo/amps installed. I have not met a true Ferrari fanactic that wants to own a car with holes drilled into it and/or modifications made to the body or interior.
    f. Car should be one that has been gently driven and not one that has been abused & redlined on a consistant basis. People will spend more to buy a car from a gentleman who has respected and cared for his car. Nobdy would be willing to spend a premium for a car that was juvenille owned and treated as such, by such.
    g. Car should not be able to be distinguished from new.

Many people have mentioned to me that Ferrari's are hard to sell. After searching through many Ferrari's for sale, I understand why. It is because the majority for sale are not in the above described condition. Most on the market have been used, abused, and altered from their original state. They look & feel like used cars.
    It has been my experience that cars that are truly as new are far & few between & many Ferrari owner's have a very different view of what mint condition really means.

7. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    prolly no car or very few cars qualify what u stated. good luck to wait 2 yrs to find your dream car.

ferrari or not, its still a car. u get pleasure by driving it, not by knowing that you are a ferrari owner or your car is mint. u pay less for a lesser car and u get less in resale, u pay more for a prestine car and u get more in resale. as long as its played smart, ur cost of ownership really isn't that much off.

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    to be honest with you i am no looking for a garage queen based on your standards but at the same time not looking for a car that has been thru hell either.

9. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    Ever noticed that most of the people who talk the value of cars UP own the same model themselves?

I'd guesstimate that the car in question in reasonable condition would sell for about 90K. The ask is probably closer to 120 though :)

Dave

10. yellow 355

yellow 355 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2005
    ocean city,nj
    Full Name:
    Ben Murphy
    95k would be a great deal on this car. THE SERVICE COULD BE AS MUCH AS 8K!!!! I would want to retail it for 100k because of the in place service....

11. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    With the exception of the color red, my 3500 mile 97 Spider -- which is yellow/black -- meets all the above requirements, and is for sale. Very nice car. Anyone interested they can PM me. I will sell at $95 firm or take partial trade or trade for 74 Dino GTS, Boss 302, Boss 429, LS6 Chevelle or ?

Thanks! :)

Mike

12. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Depends on supply and demand.

I think it's a good deal at $100K considering the next option is a 360 at $180K

13. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    anyone knows of any titanium 355 around for sale?

14. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    Naplesmotorsports.com

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Maybe for a 97 with more miles.......

16. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    james, thanks i have seen it but they are insane for asking $119K!

17. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Have you talked to them and made an offer?

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Operative word is "asking."