OT- Bought a CSL Yesterday | FerrariChat

OT- Bought a CSL Yesterday

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Badapple, Jun 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks like a nice bit of fun m8. Dont make the mistake i made and switch the traction off on a wet road! Donughted the car right outside my local - rather embarrassing.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Sweet car,Phil. Tubi on it and you're good to go:) Did the S2000 get px'd?

3. GOS 348

GOS 348 Karting

Jan 17, 2004
    Edenbridge, Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris Gosling

Apologises for hijacking the thread

Tony regarding your avatar, is that Joe in his new racing overalls practising the position for the Brighton run on the 19th June?

4. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Nice car mate.

I look forward to thrapping the b0ll0cks off it at Brunters next month :)

5. Aztec

Aztec Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2004
    Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Very nice always liked the CSL

6. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

Lovely car mate, you'll get the best of both worlds with that. Great on the track and fantastic for road stuff.

ENJOY

7. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Chrs guys, not a good morning though...
    I've had to take it down the dealers this morning because it's leaked oil all over my drive.

Gotta get onto the london dealer, 150 point check & service my f@ckin arse!

Tony, i sold the s2000 a few months back, just bought this straight.

8. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Nightmare mate.

I saw a tow truck parked outside your house this morning on the way to work.

Hope its nothing serious.

Did it come with a warranty?

9. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Y mate, it went on the low loader.
    Warranty exspires in dec 06

10. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    How's the CSL going now ? The only issue I've had from mine was a slight leak from the rear diff (sorted by warranty)

Great cars aren't they - (S5, M track, Sport on + big big smiles !!)

Rick

11. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    This is my first post in this section, but I just wanted to tell you guys how lucky you are to be across the pond and have such an awesome selection of cars to choose from. I don't know what I'd do if I saw a CSL on the road over here, but I can guarantee you the size of my smile... and that you'd have an E39 M5 hanging around you for a while.

12. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Hey rick, the cars going great now it was just low on oil. Still cant believe the prick dealer didnt pick it up on the preperation Just shows not to exspect anything. I've got a carlimits airfield day on monday & then vmax the week after so i'm looking forward to getting off the public roads :D

Anzir, cheers mate love the e39 too, nearly bought one a few months back but it was nicked off the sellers drive before i got to see it & in a couple of year definately want the e60 m5

13. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Did Vmax in Angus's car a few go's back - maxed out at about 165 on the straight (although he's had 185 in Germany), is yours derestricted ?

Rick

14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Gents,
    just read in this mth's EVO that BMW have launced a M3 CS- supposed to be a cracker....

15. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Half way house between a std M3 and the CSL, they're bascially dragging out the M3 model until the V8 arrives in 2007 - now that will be a motor, get it to sound like a Tubi'd 355 and I'll have one.

Rick

16. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Rick,
    will CS hurt CSL residuals or are they too far apart for it to matter?

17. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    N, mines restricted at the moment I'm thinking of getting it done by dms/amd.
    Still not sure though as they 'say' it's undetectable by the dealers, but come a warranty claim It could be a gamble.

I've just seen the cs in evo. Looks wise it's almost identical, but i'm not sure how well it will do. Most will still want the comfort of the original & IMO the trackday lot would buy a used csl. I dont think it will affect csl prices much as they are levelling off now

Lots of people interested in them now there at these prices, just like many people will be after a 360CS at like £70K-£80K

18. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    I don't think so, CSL residuals are pretty low now - running at <£40k for a +£60k 18 months ago. A second hand CSL with warranty (3yr) 18 months old is cheaper than a new M3. The CSL has all of the lightweight carbon fibre bits and bobs - the CS certainly hasn't got the CF roof.

Do you fancy one ? or is yours (ours) dream still to get a Stradale ?

Rick

19. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    BMW had a CS at Goodwood. It wasn't being driven but we got to paw over it on the stand. Loads of alacantra inside, almost Stradale-ish. Seats were leather and fairly similar to the regular seats from what I remember. Think I have a few photos at home. It looked like the offspring of a regular E46 M3 and a CSL.