Briatore on Fisichella and Alonso | FerrariChat

Briatore on Fisichella and Alonso

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by F1racer, Jun 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Flavio...Is he for real?? If I was Fisi I would go looking for another team to drive in 2006. (good team) What happened to Trulli, will happen to Fisico.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If I (and probably everyone else here) had had that happen to me, I would have thrown my gloves on the ground as well!

Flavio, kindly engage brain before putting mouth in gear.....

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Rumours that Massa and Fisichella will be driving for Ferrari in 2006.
    Rubens will go to BAR and Webber to Renault.
    Williams will get Honda engines and both Button and Sato will be the drivers.
    BAR= Rubens #1 driver and #2 Davidson or Wheldon.
    http://www.italiaracing.net/news_formula%201/news.asp?id=1569

Jordan should announce engine deal at Indy. (Mercedes V8)
    Wurz and Albers the 2006 drivers for MidlandF1?
    http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=89542

Raikkonen to Ferrari?
    more talks..
    http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=89496

4. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

He was racing very well too, he got pissed when the car failed him. Good reason to get pissed. Flav needs to get his head out of his a$$

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's pretty shocking, isn't it?

I mean it would imply Michael's retirement. I can see Rubens leave, but both of them?

6. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I don't see them letting Rubens go if MS retires.

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Here comes the pressure... is the so called "power team" cracking?!

Not so easy to deal with being on top and having a few failures?

It is hard being consistent and maintaining maturity for 19 races. A young team like Alonso and Fisichella was bound to crack under pressure. Having Flavio as the team leader compounds the whole situation.

This is the collapse I predicted early in the season.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Imperial, who again won the 1994 and 95 championships?

If I remember correctly it was the same team manager and two rookie pilots under his wings. And the cars were kinda blueish as well...
    :)

9. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just before the race I happened to see Flavio behind the paddock having a very stern, condescending conversation with someone just behind the stairwell. I couldn't understand him, but he was really letting someone have it. I assumed it was a mechanic who'd showed up late or something. Well, I walked around and realized he was talking to Fishy! My wife and I could not believe the way he was talking to his driver just before the race, clearly a very strained conversation. Team orders?????

Anyway, during the race, as soon as Fishy came whistling into the pits with a supposed hydraulic failure, we immediately suspected that he was told to let Alonso by and basically told Flavio that he would just park the thing. And we had missed Alonso pleading on the radio "what more do I have to do?".

The failure may be legitimate, but Flavio’s treatment of Fishy before the race was very eye opening.

10. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Only one difference... Michael Schumacher! :)

11. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Racer,

Maybe they will replace with Danica Patrick. She has some real talent. Don't you agree?

12. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :)

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Flavio and Fisi never got along. Flavio kept saying he was immature.. blabla.. when Fisi was driving for Benetton.

They were speaking italian when you heard them?

14. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Depends on what talent you speak of my friend.......;)

15. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I think you and I are in agreement with what her real talents are.

16. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

It would appear so. So sick of talking about Danica though, I hope she wins a race soon so we can get that mess over with, lol

17. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

Agree

18. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    If she wins a race it'll get worse....

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    This may be true but better to get it over and done with. The IRL isn't the hardest series to win a race in. How much worse can it get, they are already talking about her like she's the second coming of Jim Clark or something

20. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Here we go... another 90 reply thread on Danica or so it seems since the last 5 or 6 replies and counting are related to her. :(

Let's get back to F1. Fisi is as good as gone. Doesn't take a Peter Windsor to figure that out.

Watch for Kovalainen driving for Flav as early as next year.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    How can Flavio get pissed at Fisi? If Flavio can't relate to the ups and downs of his drivers, he needs to figure something out. Fisi has proven that with a reliable car, he can do very well and win. I don't see why he should let him go, but that Kovalainen was pretty good last year at the race of champsions thing.

22. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Yes Kovalainen did do well, but that doesn't mean he'll be any good in F1. I also think Fisi is done.

23. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    flav is a bastard....but this is f1 so he is actually a relatively nice guy ! but fisi knew all this going in so no pity - he went there for the potential, and he is really 'appy that he is there instead of williams i am sure.

flav does these kind of things all the time, except to the guys who are under his management...hence the dif in attitude towards alonso. when alesi forgot to pit and ran out of gas in brazil - flav met him in the pits and stuck an ice cream cone on his forehead - which is actually pretty funny ....

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    My 2 cents worth ...

I thought Fisi drove a poor race myself, and I think the team were relieved when he had to retire. This is where Fav mental attitude is/was ... not really about the post retire wobble.

In the end Renault were under enormous pressure from McLaren and Fisi was stuffing about conserving his tyres ... Alonso (who remember has a chance at the WC) was being massively held up and was continually yelling down to the team to get Fisi to either speed up or move over and let him through. I believe the team were telling Fisi to speed up and he was resisting ...

Fisi happily cruised along as this is all he knows how to do ... he is a Rubens.

Thus Alonso started loosing his cool ... yes immature, etc., and when Fisi finally retired Alonso over did it and crashed.

If I was Renault I would have over filled Fisi slightly at his first stop to allow Alonso to race. If Alonso had worn his tyres out or whatever ... Fisi would have been able to slowly putter up the rear and possibly bag the win.

The thing with Fisi is he is unable to think and thus was unable to comprehend that the McLaren's were fast and looking like they would go longer on the first stint ... thus he keeps puttering along.

Fisi, Heidfield, Rubens and many others are all the same type of drivers. Yes fast, clean and tidy but not racers. Thus they drive at their own pace all race long and if that pace happens to be fast enough they might win ... if it is NOT and they have to increase their pace or play tactically they cannot!. Thus they could never to a MS and put a sprint in, etc.

Great number 2's but personally not worth a drive in F1 ... and from a team managers perspective Fisi stuffed Renaults chances at Montreal, and yes he will tell you that he was on target for a win, etc. ... but he forgets about the IF's and the fact that the McLaren's were coming fast. Sorry Fisi you would not have won that race lapping that slow!

Pete
    ps: And yes I am well aware that Heidfield is making Webber look like a fool ... infact Webber is making Webber look like a fool. Thus sadly I have to admit that I was wrong and I now cannot see a future in F1 for Webber ... unless he stops throwing races away. But it probably is too late and he has killed any chance for himself for being unbelievably inconsistent.

25. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Pete, I always like your opinions and, as hard as it is for me to say, I have to agree with you again on your comments. I've always liked Fisi--no particular reason, I just have--but he's definitely second tier material. As far as Webber, I've been keeping my disappointment to myself. I'll at least give him the full season in a good car before reassessing him, but at this rate it doesn't bode well.