Tire Recommendation for 348 (diff Type Question I Promise!) | FerrariChat

Tire Recommendation for 348 (diff Type Question I Promise!)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Jerrari, Jun 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Jerry Sr. has Bridgestone S-02 Pole Positions on his 348 (205/45-17 frt and 255/45-17 rear) and the rears are worn out (fronts are like new). He does not track the car and does very little aggressive driving. Apparently the S-02's are discontinued and the S-03's are only available in a 255/40-17, not 45. Should he get rid of the fronts as well and buy 4 matching tires (less aggressive w/ better ride quality), or buy 2 rears of a different brand? Thanks, Jerry.

2. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    The 40 series tire will throw your speedo off by 3.9% (which is quite a lot). Handling characteristics may change with the tire size being off by this percentage. You might see if any dealers still have S-02's (there are probably some out there). Check Ebay for a set of rears (just type in the tire size). If it were my car, I would get 4 new ones and get a matching set. If you do decide to get 4 new ones, it might be a good time to look into a set of 18's if has ever desired to put them on the car. I don't think 2 tires of a different brand would be a big deal for a 'non aggressive driver', but I personally would not do it. Its a Ferrari! It deserves the best!