I Don't Think I'm Getting My GT4 Back... | FerrariChat

I Don't Think I'm Getting My GT4 Back...

Discussion in '308/328' started by LT-1, Jun 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I dropped it off to my mechanic last Thursday so he could play with the carbs and get it to pass Cali smog so I can register it. I gave him a call today to see if it was giving him any trouble. I got a message from him later...."Hi Robert, I got your message. I wanted to take your car out and drive it a bit so I could get a baseline on how it ran before I started adjusting the carbs. It <giggle> umm <giggle> runs pretty good <giggle giggle giggle>."

I have never heard him giggle. Not in ten years. I think he's keeping the car.

I miss her and want her back home where she belongs....

2. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    He's probably out joy-riding in your car as we speak. If there are more miles on the car when you get it back then you think should be, tell the dealership and let them listen to the call.

3. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Let's face it, is he doing anything to your car that you won't do yourself when you get it back?

Plus, if he get's it to run properly under "real" conditions then you're going to get more enjoyment out of it.

4. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Amusing story...! =) What color is your new baby? It wouldn't happen to be blue, would it?

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i let a guy who manages the only real ferrari shop we sort of have here. other than my emulsion tubesneeding some tweaking, he had great words of praise for the car.

i am embarrassed to admit this, but i felt my GTB was faster than the gt4, yet the gt4 has a new engine /trans /clutch with stainless valves, port matched heads and some kind of different cams. (+ crane x700's)

it was the traction loss i was feeling. the car will brake the 16" tires loose at wide open throttle in 3rd gear. :) . i thought the car was slow, it was merely spinning the tires under hard acceleration. not that i can see behind me well enough in those crappy mirrors. it is too quiet though. i may as well try the open aircleaners on it and see how it does.

they freaked at the shop when i told them i got the car for 13k see my thread.....

i hope you get your car back from your guy. if he keeps it awhile and tinkers with it, think of how perfect it will be :) .

6. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Is he going to charge you $150 for the "Italian Tune Up"?

7. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Nope...typical first time Ferrari owner: Red

I don't know how some of you guys are able to limit your miles, I feel like a 16yr old with a new license:
    "Low on milk? I'll go to the store..."
    "You need a ride to school? I'll do it..."
    "You want me to see what the weather on the other side of town is like?"

8. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    I know the feeling very well. It is a good feeling, makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My stereo system in the car isn't available anymore: quadrophonic webers.