Best hand held wireless home phone with a long range? | FerrariChat

Best hand held wireless home phone with a long range?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by parkerfe, Jun 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I need to replace the handheld wireless phones in my home...you know, the kind that has one main base and several smaller charger remote bases for several phones. We have a large 4 level house and I want a system that will work all over the house and at the pool in the back yard. Any recommendations for the best system with a long range?

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I HAVE A SONY..

1 BASE / MAIN

4 REMOTES

WORKS GEAT

3. 95AgSpid

95AgSpid Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I have the B&O Beocomm Phones and they have very good range and sound fidelity, plus they look cool and are now available with multiple line capability.

4. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    www.longrangecordless.com

Excellent phones, very clear reception and the ranges are mindboggling. While I DO NOT own or operate any equipment of this kind, I have used a handset and have heard from several people that it works incredibly well.

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i have the panasonic kx-tga510m. they are pretty good. up to 8 receivers. the batteries have died after a year, but they go thru many months of not being used and then used all the time, so maybe that was it. anyway, good phones.

6. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Is THAT ever fascinating! Thanks!
    Expensive, but fascinating.

I got a Panasonic 2.4ghz for work recently (we're in construction) and the OUTDOOR range was only like 100 feet, a bit dissapppointing.

Wes

7. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    I have a Panasonic and it is without a doubt, one of the worst products I have ever purchased. I don't have the model #, but it's about 1.5 or 2.5 yrs old and is one of the black shock ones. It became almost completely useless about a year after bought it. But even if it had not, the user interface is absolutely dreadful.

Stuff I hate about it:
    1) Can't scroll through the caller id numbers and use the handset at the same time.
    2) Can't immediately list caller ids; need to hit a few buttons to get to 'em.
    3) Remote answer menuing is terrible: "Press 1 all msgs, press 2 for other options" I press 2 "Press 1 for new msgs, press 2 for other options" I press 2, well you get the idea...
    4) Some functions on it cannot be used directly; an 'exit' button needs to be hit to exit the current menu before they're enabled.
    5) Whole bunch of other stuff...
    Arggg.

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

2.4gig with worthless because of all the 802.11b interference these days. Get a 5.8ghz phone at the very minimum. I have a relatively cheap vTech system with 7 handsets. Covers at least 6000 sq feet of 1901 plaster/lathe construction, out to the garage, backyard, etc.

9. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Thanks! I appreciate the info.
    I wondered if there would be a big difference in range between the two, now I'll give the 5.8 a shot.

Best!
    Wes

10. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    #10 Uberpower, Jun 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Odd. I use my Siemens 8825 with no problem.

It is absolutely the finest multi-line, multi-handset phone made. Very impressive multi-mailbox featuring too. There is nothing that any phone can do that this phone can't do with the exception of video conferencing George Jetson style.

Plus it's the best looking phone out there IMHO and can be had for much less than market price on Ebay. (where I bought mine).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    We ave had a Vtec 2.4 system in our house for years that worked great throughout our 8,000 sq ft house, but would not reach outside to the pool area. My wife bought a Bellsouth 5.8 system that will not evn work throughout the house as well as the 2.4 system did. She is taking it back today to see if a different brand 5.8 system will work better?

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I wnet out an bought a Uniden 5.8 system during lunch that will support up to 10 hand sets. I'll plug it up tonight and see how well it works.