Danica Patrick in Formula 1? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick in Formula 1?

Discussion in 'F1' started by HobbsTC, Jun 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    You mean she is not confident that she can perform in an F1 car!

2. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    You sir are a retard.

It was a rumor, like all rumors it got blown out of proportion.

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Honda and Bernie wanted her to test! She knew she could not cut it. So it was a good idea to reject the proposal on the grounds that it was only being offered because she was a woman.

She is not F1 material yet and she knows it!

4. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Who said that winning Indy is a lifelong goal for her?

5. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    The old CART had problems at Texas, not IRL. The problem was, due to the banking of the turns, they were getting vertical G's instead of lateral G's, bottoming out the suspensions and nearly causing some drivers to black out after a few laps, similar to what can happen in fighter jets.

I would venture to guess that, given the speeds in turns at comparable tracks, an F1 car subjects the driver to much higher peak lateral G's than any Champ Car or IRL car.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    She said it on a tv interview a few days before the Indy 500.

7. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
  9. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    OK - I tried to stay away but I have to post my 2 cents.

Show me proof that women cannot handle g-force - I have researched and investigated and can't find any study to that effect. Read "The Mercury 13" a book about the female astronaut program in the 50s....

As for Danica - she is a good shoe.....and a good racer. DO you hear her do the "I am woman - hear me roar"...NOOOoooo - she is a Racer......

A race car can't tell the gender of its driver - SO WHY SHOULD WE CARE????

oh yeah - cnn......" Just weeks after a high-profile debate about the role of women in the military, the Air Force is putting a woman in one of its most prestigious and high-profile jobs. Capt. Nicole Malachowski has been named the first woman pilot in the Air Force's world-famous Thunderbirds demonstration squadron."

I doubt they'd give her THAT position if she couldn't handle the flying

I CAN heel-toe with heels on......

Girls CAN race cars'

N~
    www.racerchicks.com

10. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey Nika, long time girl, good to see you back.

As for Danika, I respect the way she answered the questions. They tried to bait her with "what does your performace today say" questions. She knew what they were trying to do. I give her respect for that. She likes to race and wants to keep it just that. No battle of the sex's crap, just who ever gets there first wins.

However I don't think she is at the level yet to race in F1.

11. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    "...DO you hear her do the "I am woman - hear me roar"...NOOOoooo - she is a Racer......" - yeah, but you do that plenty enough for all of them....

As pertaining to the original question - “Danica Patrick in Formula 1?”

Simple answer – she’s very good, just not good enough!

12. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    LOL - Anka - I may "roar" as you think - but you certainly meow and hiss

Danica may not be Formula One material - I don't want her to do the "Michael Andretti". But time will tell......I prefer to reserve judgement until the facts are in.....

My point is physically she CAN do it - talent wise - we shall see

N~

13. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
  14. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

Someone put a bug is his computer so the next time he wants to wax so consistantly against Honda it will keep us from having to read it --- please Randy anyone....

15. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    More deep thoughts from Impy83.

16. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    If you watched the JPM/Letterman interview last night, you would have heard this very important message from both of them: This is Danica's first season in a major series with a top notch vehicle. She IS impressive.

She did incredibly well, better than 99% of her male counterparts have done in her shoes. Why do some of you have a problem with this? Why do you have the need to put down her talent? Obviously due to some of your male insecurities.

She is good. If she doesn't get pregnant after she gets married, she will do as well as any male driver in today's driver's market.

She represents the USA quite well.

17. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Honestly, I don't know what the problem is. So you have a female that is an F-1 contender. She's better looking that the other drivers...at least from a hetero's point of view. So what? Who cares about publicity stunts, motives....blah, blah, blah.

If she can get a seat, and get to cross the finish line, what's the problem?

No one seems to be complaining about Apu racing for Jordan. After seeing this kid in Montreal I think Danica could probably drive better that him.

18. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

I guess only time will tell how far she can go, the whole subject is getting tiresome. I wish her well. Oh and i can heel-toe in timberland boots, so there. :p J/K It's actually quite impressive that you can heel-toe in heels. Not to mention sexy.