Had a Coulvers burger. | FerrariChat

Had a Coulvers burger.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Chevarri, Jun 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Greasy, and not worth it. I was dissapointed in it, I've heard it's good, but maybe the the ones who told me about it aren't burger afficionados? Their was something supposed to be good about the bread, but it was underwhelming to say the least. I still haven't had a whitecastle, so maybe soon enough one will be built in Austin. Wasn't worth the 8 bucks, 5 tops.
    Vegetables were skimpy, but fresh, I think that's the only thing that I can compliment it on .

2. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    I had a burger there the first time I tried Culver's and it was my last. I mostly eat the fish and fried chichen there and of course the ice cream.

3. hwyengr

hwyengr Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Hmm. I really don't think you're going to like White Castle. If you like toppings on your burger, you're really not going to like it, since a White Castle with the works consists of onions and pickle. About all you can really taste is the onion, especially since the bun to meat ratio is about 8:1, and what meat there is has 5 holes cut out of the center for fast cooking. Its an acquired taste (which I eventually acquired), but if you're looking for Burger Mecca, White Castle is not it.

4. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Thanks for the info on White Castle, I guess I was expecting something better since I've heard so much about them, overated I guess. Anyone heard of Red Robin gourmet burgers? It's new to me, and one's opening down the road from work.

5. osuav8r

osuav8r Karting

Feb 16, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Hey man, you should definately give it a shot. The chocolate malts are to die for. And I'm picky. A little pricey compared to culvers or white castle though. Trust me on the chocolate malts.

6. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I travel a lot, and so I eat a lot of fast food :)

Places that are GOOD are

-Carls Jr.
    -In-n-out burger
    -Jack in the box
    -McDonalds (double quarter is good and not greasy)
    -Sonic

Ok are
    -Wendys (good but very greasy)
    -Burger King
    -White Castle*

Places that did not live up to the hype
    -Steak n Bake (or whatever its called)
    -White castle*
    -Coulvers

*white castle is a very strange place. The burgers are micro sized. They have a very different taste. First I kinda liked it, but it has some sort of weird aftertaste. Thing to keep in mind is they are so small, that if you can do two double quater pounders at McD's, you can do 8 white castle burgers no sweat. Their jalapeno poppers are good though!

7. mjcdriscoll

mjcdriscoll Karting

Jun 4, 2005
    Parker, CO
    Full Name:
    Mark
    next time @ culvers try the frozen custard (its like ice cream but better)

best fast food burger is Burger Street - mainly in the Dallas metroplex

8. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Never had coulvers but white castles are nice

9. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    I had white castle and Coulvers. Once. I thought the castle was more like an appetizer; not really food. And Coulvers was just crap, but I have heard that their ice cream is good. But then again, I heard the same thing about the burgers, so who the hell knows.

What about Steak n Shake? Never tried them, but it looks good.

10. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Def will give it a shot on Red Robin, but the words "gourmet" and "hamburgers" I think shouldn't go together. I'd like to try the malts, but my blood sugar would go whack.

McD's over Wendys?!
    Haven't had Carls or In-and-out, though.

11. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Do you still have fudd rockers ?

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    That's ALL it tastes like! Salt and fat!

13. hwyengr

hwyengr Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I love Steak 'n Shake burgers. They're a little similar to Culver's, but then again, like Culver's too. Thin and greasy, but full of flavor, and cooked to order.

Frisco Melt, shoestring fries, and a Cookies and Cream shake. Man, I'm going to have to drive out to the suburbs tonight.

14. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

We still have Fudds over here, but I don't feel like paying some one to make my own burger. I might as well stay home and get the grill going myself.

15. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    went to Sonic and had two chicken club toaster sandwhiches and a large strawberry lime-ade ..............it was good!!!!!!!

16. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    White Castle is way overrated, IMO. It's something you can have once in a long while, but I wouldn't eat them more than once or twice a year. Red Robin, on the other hand, is great! They have lots of delicious burgers (Royal Red Robin Burger and Red Robin Bacon Burger are my favorites). I haven't seen a Red Robin here in West Michigan, and it's one of few things I miss about Alaska.

17. caseykimma

caseykimma Formula 3

Jun 5, 2004
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Casey
    cant beat In-and-Out. good, fresh taste without lots of grease and grime. and their fries are good too.