Movie Spotters Thread (merged with 3 other threads on the "Sin City" 348)... | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Movie Spotters Thread (merged with 3 other threads on the "Sin City" 348)...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Aug 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lusso5

Lusso5 Karting

May 2, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I never saw the movie, but saw an interview with Tom Cruise a few years back, where he was talking about the director/producer getting his pants in a wad becuase of the liability of having a [mentions some multimillion-$ figure] 275 GTB on the set. He went on to say he told the director/producer it was a replica, so he would use it in the scene, but it really wasnt. I could be mistaken on what I heard, or Mr. Cruise may not know his Ferraris. Most likely both. ;)

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sorry, you're mistaken: If we're talking multi million $, replica and Tom Cruise, then it is all about the 250 GTO. Which btw indeed was a replica.

3. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    #128 henkie, May 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ah.. at least I have one.

The Banker (1989)
    I loved this movie when I was younger...
    Robert Forster / Jeff Conaway / Leif Garrett / Richard Roundtree.

Killer drives a red Testarossa during the whole movie.
    I remember the way they shot the car sequences.... very very nice..
    A must see...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096889/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks much! Truly one nobody has ever mentioned.

5. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    ok.

Don't let the VHS cover fool you, 100% sure it's a testarossa all the time.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'll find out: Just bought a copy on ebay.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #132 134282, Jun 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Not sure if it was already mentioned---Red Testarossa in "The Glass House" It was a replica in the crash scene were it gets mowed over by a tractor and trailer

9. JLocke

JLocke Karting

May 26, 2005
    Montgomery, Alabama
  10. JLocke

JLocke Karting

May 26, 2005
    Montgomery, Alabama
    This is interesting. It's a 360 Spider promotional video and was shot in Miami.

http://www.immpowered.com/video/360_spider.mov

I almost put a link to the web classic video clip "why grandmothers shouldn't skydive" but I thought it to be a bit off-topic! It's a hoot though!

11. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Elvis, "clambake" it was the orignal bill mitchell corvette race car and stingray prototype painted red for the movie! : ) that is like my favorite movie of all time! hahahah

-jt

12. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I just watched Against All Odds for the first time in 15 years. The scene where Jeff Bridges (in the 911 Cabrio) races James Woods in the Black/Black 308 QV is awesome! I recommend it to anyone who's a 308 fan or just likes to see Ferraris in movies. Plus, it's early in the movie. :)

13. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    there is going to be a blue or black Murci roadster in Batman begins, or returns, or what ever its called.

14. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    There is a red Testarossa in the opening titles for "Marci X", with Lisa Kudrow. I thought it was kind of odd that I just bought my red 91 TR a bit over a month ago and the first 2 movies I rented with my wife was "Marci X" and "Stepford Wives", both having that car in it. It must have been destiny, kind of like when I got my 308, I would always notice the clock at that time, my cell phone # starts with 308 (thats the # they gave me, not my own selection...)

15. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    My 360 Modena was used in the Disney movie last Christmas called "Mr. St. Nick" with Kelsey Grammer. Filmed mostly in South Beach ................

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Was this movie made for TV? I can't find it on Netflix. Did you tape it by any chance?

17. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    Yes, It was a Disney made for TV Movie shown on ABC. Due to the Christmas nature of it will likely have a shelf life of many years to come. I did tape it, however the copy is not perfect. Nice amount of coverage of the car though. In the movie he has many cars (Ferrari, Porsche, etc.) and the only one you see him driving is the Ferrari. Not a bad deal ... they paid me $5K to have my car for a week to do the shooting locally here in Miami.

18. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    In A Cinderella Story, there's a red 355 (?) Spider at the carwash when the star drops off her mother's Jag.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Finally got my copy and a chance to watch the movie. As a movie I wouldn't give it a high rating, fairly predictable B movie.

I agree the car scenes were well done. I was shocked when he scrapes the undertray in the very first scene. Not sure they did that on purpose to show what a bad and ruthless/careless guy he is.

At any rate I found it rather amusing to see how the killer picks up his victims in plain sight of everybody in a TR. I mean why not hang a sign around your neck, saying you're the bad guy. If the cops had any brain, they simply search the city/traffic for a red TR and be done with it.

Along the same logic the "undercover" agents in Miami Vice drove around town in a white TR.