Check Out These 348 Wheels on e-bay | FerrariChat

Check Out These 348 Wheels on e-bay

Discussion in '348/355' started by Jerrari, Jun 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
  2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Nevermind, I got my answer by reading his feedback. His wheels are crappy quality, very high shipping costs and he got his feedback rating up by buying a bunch of $.10 coupons.

3. MILotus

MILotus Karting

May 20, 2004
    Lansing, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Check out the "general" forum for a really good thread on these wheels. I was considering them myself but then.....

4. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

I buy quite a bit off of eBay, but there is still a lot that eBay does wrong. One of those wrong things is that eBay shows one generic "feedback" rating, combining both your buying and selling history.

At the very least, you should have a Seller's feedback rating number and a Buyer's feedback rating number.

Both of those feedback ratings should be Dollar-indexed, too. Buying 1,000 $0.10 coupons shouldn't give you the same Feedback Rating as a guy who has shipped 50 throttle bodies to 50 happy customers for $300 each.

Low Feedback Ratings should come dead *LAST* in every search that you do on eBay, too. That would give Seller's an incentive to build up their Rating Number.

But alas, I'm not King of eBay...

5. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    All great suggestions! I buy a lot off of Ebay as well and I am not fond of the idea of someone building up their feedback through .10 coupons. The search function would be heard to do, but they could offer a seperate search function that would allow the person to search by highest rating. Of course, all that means nothing if you can buy .10 coupons and boost it up. With separate feedback scores though, a person could SELL those .10 coupons purchased and build it up as well. Some items are naturally more prone to negatives then others also...it is hard to build positives on used cars, but easy to build positives selling a NEW UNOPENED Motorola cell phone...Tough biz, but I think what Highline Wheels is doing is not the correct way to go about it.

6. MILotus

MILotus Karting

May 20, 2004
    Lansing, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I think the coupon game is just fine to do IF the feedbacks all show the item you bought. I personaly had never heard of someone buying coupons on ebay before until someone tried to burn me with paypal and I ended up researching their history on ebay. They were doing the coupon thing too. I think if you see that on there it is a great way to know EXACTLY what type of person you are dealing with. They have no care for the rules and will take the short cut when ever possible.

7. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Look how they are trying to deceive by saying "3 PC" in the ad title and "3 PC STYLE" in the ad body (they are NOT 3 PC and one guy gave them neg feedback because of it):
    2005 FERRARI 3pc STYLE Forged MODULAR WHEELS!!! Just ARRIVED!!! Made by MODULARWHEELS for FERRARI 348 355,360 456 AND 550 Models. THESE WHEELS COME STAGGERED IN 19X8.5 FRONT AND 19X10 REAR. THE FINISH IS A CUSTOM PLATINUM SILVER CENTERS WITH A DIAMOND CUT CUSTOM LIP. WE HAVE THESE ALSO AVAILABLE ON A SPECIAL ORDER IN RED, YELLOW. BLACK AND WHITE CENTERS. THESE WHEELS CAN BE ORDERED WITH YOUR DESIRED OEM FINISH FOR AN ADDITIONAL $200.00 FOR EACH WHEEL. COMPARE THESE WHEELS WITH THOSE THAT SELL FOR OVER $5900.00 AT THE LOCAL PORSCHE DEALER!!! WHEELS COME WITH AN AWESOME 3 INCH CUSTOM LIP IN REAR AND 2.5 IN FRONT.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  9. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma