ferrari might win gp today | FerrariChat

ferrari might win gp today

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steve f, Jun 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    looks like ferrari have a good chance of a top 3 finish today with only 6 bridgestone runners

2. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I forgot to do my F1 tipping for the f-chat league, looks like lady luck is smiling on me this weekend.

3. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    What a farce.

Why don't Michelin just tell its runners to stop at least 4 times?

Or force them all to run on Bridgestones for the rest of the season!

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Looks like a podium for Minardi..........wooooohoooooo

5. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Well that was a hilarious sight at the start...

6. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    This may sound like sacralige but if both Ferraris and one jordan retire it looks like an unbeliveable race for monteiro and albers..........

7. phil612

phil612 Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    UK
    Because they screwed up by issuing a statement that said the tyres were too dangerous to use. This means that if anyone were to have an accident caused by a tyre the law suit would be horrendous. Never mind if the accident also involved the crowd.

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well i am ok as i have new bridgestone's on my car anybody got michelin tyres on theres ????????????????

9. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Yes and there bloody milimetrics as well!!

10. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I think its unfair that ferrari are getting boo'ed by the crowds. Its not there fault that there getting things right.

11. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I have a foot in both Bridgestone and Michelin camps!

I agree Chaa - but I can see Ferrari taking heat for not agreeing not to race (fairly or not).

Michelin should pay dear for this. Absolutely crazy that a "top flight" motorsport company can screw up so badly.

12. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Its not the first time either. Remember the treadless tyres.

Michellin have been pushing the envelope and reeping the rewards.

They knew the risks, and both they and the teams played this to force the issue their way. Not often I agree with the FIA but I'm glad they didn't back down.

However, it has ruined the GP. Especially for the 100k people who turned up at Indy. Maybe they should have let them race and disqualified them all afterwards. Plus allowed the Bridgestone runners the equivelant distance in free testing on the next track.

13. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    I've been on the edge of my seat again for this GP ! Right up until the race started.... will they, won't they.....

A bit laughable really that they couldn't get something sorted out. I note that Bernie was struggling badly when being interviewed by Martin. All he could give were somewhat flippant answers - he clearly hadn't got his story sorted out.

Ric.

14. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Totally agree, why should Ferrari pay for a Michelin cock up, I must admit its pure BS

15. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    ITV Fcuks up the adds again, missing the three guys reaction as they climbed the podeum (is that how you spell that?)
    MB: And they only get the reaction of Shuey at the press conferance, what about second and third? :(

16. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Correct Chaa

THAT

:D:D

17. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
  18. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Can somebody please tell me what's different between this race and last years? Why were the Michelin's OK last year? Is it because they were allowed to change tyres last year during the race?

19. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    They dropped a bolloc and brought the wrong tyre, and then shipped over some more which they also said were dangerous. Probably was something to do with only being allowed 1 set and we all know why that rule was brought in, to stop Ferrari domination.

Supposedly because the banking was wearing out the sidewalls

Glad Schuey got 10 points tho the whole race was B*llsh*t:(

20. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    This year the tyres have to last both the race and qualifying, last year they could use 4 sets (dont know the exact amount) over the weekend, this was compounded by a change in the track surface

Still leaves me wondering why Bridgestone got it right and Michelin got it hoplessly wrong (oh well thats the French for you ;) )

21. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
    I was annoyed too.

I can't see that Schuey would have leapt, judging by his reaction when the ads were over.

Did you spot how he changed the sublect when asked about the pit exit incident, he mentioned something about having a race and went onto something else.
    I would have liked to have heard Rubens thoughs on that incident.

Just makes a change to show a glimpse of the press conference as it is rarely shown now.

22. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Bernie is a greedy man with a finger to piont in any direction other than his own given any situation. OK, Michelin did cock up big time, but he runs the show. No hand washing allowed...

In other parts of the good ole U S of A, there would have been a track invasion, not just a few plastic water bottles.

This just confirms why I stopped watching every F1 race years ago... Shame.

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    dont like berni but not his fault it was michelin's fault

24. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Another reason why we shouldn't join the EU :D

25. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Rubens has turned into a right winger, Schueys there to race, he did nothing wrong, nor did he when Rubens moaned about him overtaking him the other week. If all the cars had been on track they wouldnt have made so much about it.