Boston Spotters | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Boston Spotters

Discussion in 'New England' started by mrrou, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    saw a silver F430 on the Mass Pike. I was heading towards CT and he was heading in the opposite direction but i got a glimpse of the plates and im pretty sure it was the same one at Tutto. The owner also has the red Enzo.

-Jason

2. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    I saw the same white 360 in Maine last weekend I was staying at the White Barn Inn and so were they!

3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I saw it the other day on edgell rd off rt.9 in framingham. Well dressed businessman on the cell. I think it was a dark color IIRC

Sedanca coupe

Karc, I think that car you asked about looks like it is doing cross country duty; Cali to Maine, Boston, and now the USGP at Indy.

4. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Red 360 on friday morning rte. 97 in Wenham/Beverly area...sounded nice! Aston Martin driving by the Palm at the Copley Westin saturday night...saw it during appetizers...

5. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Blue Elise and Black Ford GT heading north on 95 around Topsfield @7:30pm today...weekend's gonna be nice, hope to see some of you out on the roads! :D

6. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    OK...I give up. Was out all over Boston today..all over the city, up and down Newbury, public gardens etc. No Ferraris...except...a California Azzuro 308..all horribly modded out with a HUGE rear wing covered in shields as well as 4" rear wheel extenders...sorry if the owner is on this board but I wanted to cry when I saw it. I only wish I had a camera phone. My mother always told me that if I had nothing good to say, don't say anything at all, so thats it for me.

7. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The owner of that car is a Sergeant in the Boston P.D. So watch your mouth. :)

vty,

--Dennis

8. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Well, in hindsight, a full light bar on the roof would not have been out of place on that car. I've seen the Mass State police vette...maybe this is the BPD ferrari...;)

9. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Well, this is what I got for my small indulgence in negativity. Since my mild disapproval of the treatment of a 308 yesterday, the spirit of Enzo himself swooped from above to put me in my place. I was sitting on Comm ave at a red light this morning, getting ready to hit Storrow Drive to head home to Maine...suddenly I notice the temp gague spike from 185 to 220 in about 30seconds..mild smoking from the rear valence...I was luckily able to pull into a vacant metered space just ahead and cut the motor. In the street..fluid..none in the car. Appears to be a blown water pump.

1-hr on the side of the road, 45-mins letting the tow guys figure out how to get the 328 on the flatbed, lots of laughs from passers-by, a 30-min tow to BSC, 30-min cab ride back into Boston, several phone calls to locate a rental, cab ride to Logan and a drive home in a Pacifica for my troubles. Thats what I get for being negative. Lesson learned, that is, if your superstisious.

10. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Saw a nice guy in a grey F430 (my first!) a couple weeks ago in wellesley; also an Enzo in wellesley not long ago, and an orange Murci in waltham...very wierd sight!

11. mrrou

mrrou Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I was driving by Mosely's in Dedham Friday night around 8:45...saw a red 355 spider behind me..we both turn right onto the automile..its just me and him..no other cars..

i get in the left lane..hoping hell pass..he eventually does..when he does i look down to get my camera phone..and i see the ferrari moving away from me...fast..(again no one around)

I barely keep up with him, and take it to 95mph (45 limit) It was incredable..was like I was racing a racecar. It was an older gentlemen driving.

I pull up next to him half mile later at the light grinning ear to ear (I KEPT UP WITH A FERRARI! I felt so special

Also saw a red 360 spider in needham sunday morning around 10:30ish

12. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I also saw that SPyder with shields and speedline rims at 10 am headed into Wellesley. Top down, man with hat on. Sounded great , had to be tubis, heard it for a while in the distance at slow speeds too.

13. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    saw a 355 spider parked outside lotus blossom in sudbury around 630

14. mrrou

mrrou Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    dadsferrari you live around needham or wellesley?

were both always posting on these threads and seeing the same Fcars :)

15. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Yeah I think I mentioned it to you once, I store my cars out there in a 4 car garage I have access to; it's nice to work on cars in an enclosed space. Always cool cars around. Maroon Elise, Enzo, 430, Bentleys, etc.. I see more cars nowadays than ever before.

16. mrrou

mrrou Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    the maroon elise owner keeps his car non garaged right in the driveway on a busy street in needham plain as day. I won't say what street out of respect for him.

Have a happy fourth

17. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I was in my 328 today and ended up behind a silver Testarossa with NH plates on Rt. 16 in NH. We followed each other back and forth onto 95 south and I lost him at the Hampton tolls. Was that anyone here? Beautiful car. (silver / bordoux)

18. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Yeah, there is a bright red Elise in wellesley sqaure with a woman driver

19. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Saw a yellow 355 spider in Marblehead last night - not one I'd seen around town before...

20. Steve355

Steve355 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Austin
    Been seing a Maroon 612 Scagletti a few times over the past 2 months or so. Usually it's parked on a street which runs behind the Shaw's on Beacon St. in Brookline. Yesterday I saw it again at around 11:30/12 on Rt. 9 heading outbound making waiting at the light making a left onto Heath St. Very cool car in person, much lower and less stupid looking. Beutiful car!

21. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Theres been a red CS going down South St alot lately. A red 360 Spider went by as well a few days ago

22. SPHFerrari

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    saw a red cs on rt 20 in sudbury 2 nights ago

23. chrisoutzen

chrisoutzen Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    sudbury
    That would be me..

24. SPHFerrari

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    cool, i live in sudbury, never seen you before then, except i think i saw your car at lime rock.

just saw a red 360 spider about 4:00 also on rt20 in sudbury

25. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Red pre-85 Mondial Convertible, 128 North at RT 2. Looked amazing, I normally don't like pre 86 Mondials in red. Black top was up, had paper temporary plates on it. I think it went onto 2 East towards Boston.

8pm, lots of classics on the roads coming back from cruise nights