328 Gear Shifter/ Floor Mats | FerrariChat

328 Gear Shifter/ Floor Mats

Discussion in '308/328' started by alert1, Jun 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alert1

alert1 Karting

Mar 17, 2005
    I've noticed that there are different types of knobs on the tops of 328 gear shifters. I prefer the solid silver, though most I've seen are either black or black with the gear numbers.

Are the shifters/knobs particular to a given year, or can I replace the black ones with the silver easily?

Also, is there any problem changing floor mats in a 328 or is there a certain kind for each year? I've seen a variety, but I prefer the ones with the stallion, not the Ferrari letters. If it is ok to replace them, are there any other favorites and advice on where to find them?

Thanks.

2. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Original knobs are black, but ther are aftermaket knobs that are stainless steel. They do add a nice touch. Aftermaket carpets should be about the same size and shape generally. Do an internet search for floor mats and you can get a number of different options. Half the fun is in the search.

3. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I think the 328 knobs were black with orange numbers. 308 were black w/white numbers.

4. scott1967

scott1967 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The original shifter knobs were black with red lettering. One of the site sponsers, Hill Engineering sells the metal replacement knobs. They look and feel great.

Scott

5. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Just be aware that if you leave your car parked in the sun
    the metal shift knobs get hot.

6. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    The 328 gear knob is black with ORANGE numbers. If you are ever planning to enter any concours events, make sure you use the black/orange knob as they will take a half-point or so away from your total score for not having original equipment.

The mats can be bought from "Italian Car Parts". They can do the Cavallino Rampante or the Ferrari lettering, or both. A little pricy, but VERY well done. Again, keep your original mats for concours events.