1:10 scale wire wheels... | FerrariChat

1:10 scale wire wheels...

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Peter, Jun 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I remember someone here posted info (name & website) about a company who makes reasonably priced 1:10 scale Borrani wire wheels and matching tires. I've done searches but can't find the thread and this info.

Anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

2. nniemi

nniemi Karting

Sep 28, 2004
    Turku, Finland
    Full Name:
    Niko Niemi
  3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Thanks Niko. It's not what I was looking for, but this is another possible source I'll keep in mind.

I remember it being from either an American, or UK supplier...

Anybody else?

4. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    Hello Peter,
    I have hand-laced Borrani Wire wheels made out of brass in 1/10, but no matching tires. These are very realistic looking and they were used on some 1/10 scale 1957 Ferrari 250TR's that were built by CMA models. If interested please let me know. The price is very reasonable.

Sincerely,
    Ed
    Island Collectibles, Inc
    www.islandcollectibles.net

5. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Ed, thanks for the reply. Yours was the website I saw here and was trying to find out with this thread.

I see you have 1/12th wheels & tires... It's too bad I didn't see this earlier, otherwise I would've built it in this scale (I'm currently building a 1/10th Maserati Birdcage frame).

I'll get in touch with you soon about these wheels you have. Thanks!

6. Philmodelcar

Philmodelcar Karting

May 19, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Philippe
    You can contact a friend of mine building special models together with Patrice De Conto (if you have ever heard of him)...His name is Patrick Badot.
    The website is

http://www.minidelta.be

You can tell him that you got his details from me : my name is Philippe Maelcamp
    I don't think he sells only the wheels, as he probably prefer to sell the complete kit but at least you can try and ask...
    Good luck
    Phil

7. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Thanks Phil.