Alignment in Dallas or Plano area? | FerrariChat

Alignment in Dallas or Plano area?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by donald, Jun 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    Where do you recommend getting an alignment? I have heard that NTB may not be the place to go from another thread in the technical section. I am getting tires installed and want the alignment done the same day. I have not aligned the car since I bought it.

2. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    BFMoD has a very nice Hunter alignment rack, but I'm not sure what they charge.

RUF Auto Centre is doing my Audi on Wednesday, I beleive they charge $134.95. Talk to Hans.

Those are the two best places I know of.

3. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks. I brought the tires to Ruf today and will bring the car by Friday to mount/balance tires and perform the alignment. I will let everyone know how the alignment comes out.

4. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Wayne asked if I knew you. I told him the name sounded familiar!

They did a great job with my A6. They even noticed and corrected my slightly off-center steering wheel that I forgot to mention when I dropped it off. The alignment is spot-on.

The great thing about this shop is that they are real car guys. Take your car to a regular dealer, and see if they ask you how you want your alignment set up. Hans gave me a few options: track-biased, intermediate, or for best tire wear. Given this is an Audi sedan we're working with, and that it gobbles up tires, I went with the last. Their level of service and attention to detail makes me want to go out and buy a Porsche, just so I can have them work on it and tweak it! (Blasphemy on FChat, I know!)

I'll shut up now.