Does your 328 do this too? | FerrariChat

Does your 328 do this too?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by donald, Jun 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    When I shut my car doors on either side the door pockets almost always pop opn. I have to shut them all the time and it drives me nuts!! Is there a quick fix for this?

2. radioman

radioman Karting
    BANNED

Sep 25, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    CHRIS
    on my 328 the door pockets are sprung loaded so you have to pull to open them. hope this helps. chris

3. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Spring loaded closed; pull to open...

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Worn springs in the door pockets are pretty common on 328s.

They're a PITA to replace, so some people innovate alternate closures using velcro, etc.

5. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    The passengar side pocket was broken when I bought the car. I looked into fixing it but since you had to take the inside door apart, it looked like a royal pain so I left it as it.

Never really bothered me since most of the time I was driving by myself.

Theo

6. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Yup, passeneger door side pocket has always been floppy...I usually drive solo so I haven't been too motivated to try and find a spring replacement.

7. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I don't use those "pockets" very much so I have little wear on the spring-loaded device. Mine seem to work just great.

I hope someone has some further input on this topic as I have heard a number of guys who have/had this problem. I'm guessing it's pretty common.

When someone finds out how to repair themselves or has any info on parts and/or labor costs, would you please post?

Thanks!

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Your springs are broken on the door pockets. There are threads in the archives on how to fix them...not easy, but can be done.