Gaydon supercar w-end== | FerrariChat

Gaydon supercar w-end==

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Jun 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Anyone go or have links to pics pls?

2. MattOz

MattOz Karting

Apr 28, 2004
    Warwick
    Full Name:
    Matt Osborne
  3. 99F355

99F355 Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    LONDON, UK
    Full Name:
    Chip
    Yes. I was invited by Modena cars. There were around 30-40 Lamborghini's in convoy up the M40 to Gaydon. Other motorway users just could not believe what they were seeing. The convoy also included an XJ220, EB110, SLR, amongst others. The drive up to Gaydon was, without a doubt, the highlight of the day. Oh, and an Enzo also turned up (EN20).

4. madjules

madjules Rookie

Mar 28, 2005
    Leafy Cheshire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Tony,

I took the 348 as part of the Sporting bears charity rides. We had a good range of F-cars on the stand with a 360, 355, 348, 308 GT4 and 355 replica (Nice chap, but I can never understand why you would want one when you can get a usable 308 GT4 or 400 for the same cash). Other cars included a Lamborghini Gallardo, 2 Astons, 4 Lotus, Corvette stingray, Cobra etc etc. However out of all the cars not a single Porsche (come on lads!). Not sure of the final total but I think we raised about four grand.

Only problem was I got caught in a monsoon on the way home and lost the backend on a damp roundabout in Congleton. Car was fine, but underpants were a write-off. Nobody warned me about that on the forum!!!!!!!!!.

Good Luck

Julian

5. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I get the distinct feeling you rather like the Bugatti Alan, my favourites the XJ220:D

6. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    We were due to go with Modena cars - personal invite to join their lambo clan on the M40 and on the track - seemed a good deal at £25 a car including 2 meals....however, by Friday it seemed that Modena Cars had decided that the Ferrari Owners Club weren't good enough and duly replaced us with Mclaren and Maserati - so I don't expect they'll be getting any xmas cards from the Cotswold group and FOC UK. Shame because Gaydon looked great, but in the end, couldn't be ***ged.

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Gents,
    thanks for replies and pics. Event looks superb :)

8. ANDYH

ANDYH Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    ANDY H
    #9 ANDYH, Jun 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tony - great day out - went in convoy with quite a few guys from our local foc area group. The Enzo is owned by another one of our area group members and always gets huge attention whenever he turns up in it. Superb collection of cars.....apart from the ferrari's, lots of tvrs, the array of lambos looked great, dodge vipers, 3 bugattis, maclaren mercedes slr , astons, gt40's , a parade of d'loreans, XJ220 (first time I've seen one in the flesh) and of course lots of other cars in the museum. Russ Swift the stunt car driver was there doing donuts, driving on 2 wheels (with 3 passengers in the car !) , handbrake turns around other cars, and parking between 2 cars with about 5 inch clearance front and back. Great stuff to watch. They also had a few shoot outs between different cars to see who had the loudest engine noise etc.... all in all good fun and the weather was excellent. Took a couple of pics and then my camera battery died !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    And where did you come Andy?

10. ANDYH

ANDYH Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    ANDY H
    Well they had a dodge viper that was quite loud but I didn't join in as I didn't want to embarrass them with the glorious sound of a flat 12 decat tubi !! I noticed they didnt have any ear defenders so I left the car parked up instead !